8.1 Without Developers Preview

Jon_1051

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone,

So I recently upgraded to the Icon from the 928. Love the similar size but upgraded EVERYTHING! So I restored a previous back up and installed the Developers Preview. After everything was said and done, I began to suffer through alot of what has been reported on here, ex. Over heating, excessive battery drain, stubborn power button, etc.

I did a factory reset and decided NOT to restore a previous back up and start fresh. Went through set up and had a pretty bare phone besides my email, contacts, and apps preinstalled from Nokia and Verizon. While looking through the phone, a notification appeared (Welcome text everyone gets). When I went to select the banner, the notification center came down. I was really confused since Developers Preview wasn't installed. So I went into phone info and there it was, Windows OS: 8.1. Been running the phone for a few hours and all the issues have subsided for the most part.

My question I guess is did 8.1 officially come out or did I stumble on a way to get 8.1 without developers preview?
:

Jonas_H

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
If you just reset your phone, the 8.1 update won't get deleted. It will stay because officially, updates for Windows Phone are undeletable. BTW, that's the cause with every other update too. With a reset your phone will stay at the software build you updated to.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
When you downloaded the preview it overwrote the phones OS.
The phone reset just brings the device back to the previously installed latest firmware version which for you was the developer preview.

Phone reset won't recover the phone to WP8.
The only way to do that is with the Nokia Care Suite phone recovery utility.

Jon_1051

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies everyone. Appreciate the insight. I've used the preview before and have just continued on until the official update never going backwards. Didn't know that even with a reset, the last update stays on. Hopefully though my luck continues with having no more of the issues from before.

tt22tt

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I have the same! My question is after the hard reset My phone is unlocked again? So I will get preview updates towards? Because I Download the preview for developers app but it said I have to be a developer... I unlocked my phone via unlock tools on Windows.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium