Do you experience any freeze while doing nothing?

Onursari

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I have experienced freezing if my Lumia 820, WP 8.1 while locked. I think it is bug of WP 8.1. Is there anyone experienced this? I have lived this while on charge and no charge

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Have you hard reset your phone? Wipe it and let install a clean WP 8.1? It solved most of the bugs found from the upgrade.

boshkop

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I have experienced freezing if my Lumia 820, WP 8.1 while locked. I think it is bug of WP 8.1. Is there anyone experienced this? I have lived this while on charge and no charge

My wife's Lumia 520 froze couple of times while being locked.
I told her that hard-reset will most likely fix this problem. She didn't like that solution (I wouldn't either).

Dominique Gagnon

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
It happens to my 1020. It appears that Wi-Fi is the culprit. Since I disabled Wi-Fi, it didn't freeze yet. When it freeze, It did not charge and I have to soft-reset it (power+vol.down). I did a hard reset and it did not solve the problem.

RobinPaul

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
yeah had the same problem on my 920 last weekend, was really annoying so i downgraded to 8.0 and so far screen works perfect again :)

Ahmad Sorour

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Hello bro, I also have Lumia 820... This problem happened to me 4 times before.... I did a hard reset.... But didn't really fix it... It happened again later....i tried soft reset... It worked.... Until now didn't happen :)

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Ya freezing happens for me very frequently . What I do is just hit the power button ND unlock the phone. Problem solved am running lumia 820 with wp 8.1 developer preview.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Dominique Gagnon

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I read somewhere that secured Wi-Fi can cause the issue. I tried it with my router open (only mac filtering), and it happens again so secured and unsecured Wi-Fi cause the issue. It happens 3 times yesterday. It ALWAYS happens when Wi-Fi was ON, always. I did not have this issue while Wi-Fi is OFF, never since the release of WP 8.1, Can someone else try it? Disable the Wi-Fi and check if the issue happens again.

RobinPaul

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I read somewhere that secured Wi-Fi can cause the issue. I tried it with my router open (only mac filtering), and it happens again so secured and unsecured Wi-Fi cause the issue. It happens 3 times yesterday. It ALWAYS happens when Wi-Fi was ON, always. I did not have this issue while Wi-Fi is OFF, never since the release of WP 8.1, Can someone else try it? Disable the Wi-Fi and check if the issue happens again.

I also had the unresponsive screen, couldn't do nothing only look at a nice lockscreen wallpaper. But i happend with and without wifi and even after downgrading to windows phone 8.0

Dominique Gagnon

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Ok, I think it is not the same issue. For myself, freeze occurs while in hibernation/sleep. When the phone is ON, i.e. when something shows on the screen, I have no issue like unresponsive screen or freeze. It's just like it cannot woke up when pressing the power button. It looks like it happen when Wi-Fi signal is weak, but cannot confirm that at 100%.
Thanks.

vap2

May 27, 2014
Visit site
Ok, I think it is not the same issue. For myself, freeze occurs while in hibernation/sleep. When the phone is ON, i.e. when something shows on the screen, I have no issue like unresponsive screen or freeze. It's just like it cannot woke up when pressing the power button. It looks like it happen when Wi-Fi signal is weak, but cannot confirm that at 100%.
Thanks.
Did you ever notice if you phone reboots itself without a reason when it was running under wp8 (not 8.1)?

Dominique Gagnon

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I didn't see it rebooting, only freezing without a reason. Yes, it happens in 8.0 but more often in 8.1. I remember having my phone frozen maybe two time in 3 months with wp8. With 8.1, it happend every day, and sometime three time a day.
Anyway, I called Rogers' support about that and they send me a replacement. They did not ask about Windows version. No more freezes since the change.

Alex Blast

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
glad to know I'm not alone. My phone freezes from time to time, most often when locked and not being used. Once, it froze when it was sitting in my pocket, and when I pulled it out it was extremely hot. I had to remove the battery and turn the phone on again. Annoying, really.

Sent from my RM-846_apac_vietnam_203 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium