Does anyone experience this syncing problem?

I can't sync it. But I am able to use the Windows Store (Download and Update) and its Outlook.com (Send and Recive emails) account.

Any suggestions on how to fix it?
    04-28-2014 08:05 AM

I can't sync it. But I am able to use the Windows Store (Download and Update) and its Outlook.com (Send and Recive emails) account.

I had the same problem i just did hard reset now working fine but i lost each and every thing on my phone
    04-28-2014 08:23 AM
    I had the same problem i just did hard reset now working fine but i lost each and every thing on my phone
    Hard Reset? For my apps is ok, I can redownload it. But how about my Messages especially when the contact is not saved on my phone or my peoples hub? Will it be synced/saved to the cloud?
    04-28-2014 09:21 AM
    Hard Reset? For my apps is ok, I can redownload it. But how about my Messages especially when the contact is not saved on my phone or my peoples hub? Will it be synced/saved to the cloud?
    I told you earlier i wasn't able to restore my messages and contacts back...that was a real bad experience with 8.1 but...they say let the phone to back up your messages and contact and after letting phone do the reset after more than 24 hours...while connected to wifi as messages get backed up every 24 hour on wifi connection...but am not sure
    04-28-2014 11:59 AM
    I told you earlier i wasn't able to restore my messages and contacts back...that was a real bad experience with 8.1 but...they say let the phone to back up your messages and contact and after letting phone do the reset after more than 24 hours...while connected to wifi as messages get backed up every 24 hour on wifi connection...but am not sure
    Ouch! I didn't thought that this thing will be hard for me.

Well as long as I get app updates and can send and receive emails from my MS account, I think I'm going to stick on my current system. It's hard for me to use a hard reset because I do have at least 30-40 messages without having saving it to my phones contracts.

I'll wait for the official consumer update to arrive before performing it. Maybe that time that backup feature is fixed.
    04-28-2014 01:24 PM
    Ouch! I didn't thought that this thing will be hard for me.

Well as long as I get app updates and can send and receive emails from my MS account, I think I'm going to stick on my current system. It's hard for me to use a hard reset because I do have at least 30-40 messages without having saving it to my phones contracts.

I'll wait for the official consumer update to arrive before performing it. Maybe that time that backup feature is fixed.
    It's MS which stinks... Love Nokia
    04-28-2014 02:49 PM
    I too am getting this error, strangely though my emails come through fine, I can install new or pre-installed apps,

Last.fm fails to load, but as its delisted i think thats the cause...

It started when I received the 8.1 dev preview, and I have two devices, this is only on my NL1020, my NL920 is unaffected.

wp_ss_20140520_0001.png
    TusharG likes this.
    05-20-2014 03:12 PM
    I too am getting this error, strangely though my emails come through fine, I can install new or pre-installed apps,

Last.fm fails to load, but as its delisted i think thats the cause...

It started when I received the 8.1 dev preview, and I have two devices, this is only on my NL1020, my NL920 is unaffected.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wp_ss_20140520_0001.png 
Views:	14 
Size:	87.4 KB 
ID:	67036
    Best to remove hide your emails if you don't want to get your inbox full of spam lol.
    bAN01TgAZ likes this.
    05-20-2014 03:14 PM
    I thought I had deleted the unused image, thanks for pointing it out
    05-20-2014 08:38 PM
    Anyone get a fix? I have the same problem on both a lumia 920 and my new lumia 830
    Alan Sutton likes this.
    11-16-2014 02:21 AM
    i am having the same issue on my new at&t lumia 1520. after upgrading it to cyan i got this error. i can download apps and sync my email, calender, and contacts plus my backups work just fine. but it wont fully sync the metadata for my contacts (e.g. linked contacts from multiple accounts [facebook, twitter, linkedin, outlook.com, etc], ringtones, etc). i have factory reset the device at least 20 times and even used the the lumia recovery tool as a fix but that didnt work either. currently running windows phone 8.1.1 DP and the only issue is the 80070490 MS account error. When i rolled back my Lumia ICON from 8.1.1 DP with Lumia Black to standard wp8 i got the exact same error. so there has to be something wrong with my account but im not exactly sure.

i am currently exchanging emails with MS support regarding this issue and will keep this thread updated.
    11-26-2014 03:20 PM
    Well I got an email today from Microsoft saying that I need to do a factory reset through the Lumia Recovery tool to reset my OS back to the standard Windows Phone 8.1 due to a "Critical update not being installed". I told them that I have already tried that several times already and that I wouldn't work but that im willing to try it again.

after doing the software reset I got the same error. I notified Microsoft with the Receipt and screenshots and I am currently awaiting a response.
    01-06-2015 10:01 AM

I just searched on Bing and found this . Hopefully it will help resolve your issues

Error Code 80070490 when attempting to update App - Microsoft Community
    01-06-2015 11:49 AM
    that doesn't help with the issue that edwaine and I are having. as he and I have stated we can download and install apps and send and receive emails thru outlook.com but we still get the 80070490 error when syncing our account.

I have just got off the phone with AT&T and they are sending me a new phone with the thinking that it was a bad update from Lumia Black to Lumia Cyan since the issue started when I updated. we will see on Thursday when I get the phone.
    01-06-2015 12:07 PM
    I can't download or update my apps from store its showing error 80070490
    01-23-2015 08:40 AM
    I have the exact same issue.
    Microsoft looked at my account and could find nothing wrong with it. They looked at the communication with my account when I clicked sync but could still see nothing wrong.
    I have also done a hard reset - still not working,
    Changed phone - still not working.
    Not good.
    Not had a WP backup in 5 months as that is broken as well as email sync account problem. Gets to 99% then fails.
    02-03-2015 10:49 AM
    Date & time change & then it will be resoled or not
    09-11-2015 02:47 AM
    I have had this issue for the past month and nothing seems to work
    09-16-2015 11:19 AM
    It has also followed me over to windows 10 on my surface 3, envy aio and my dell laptop. When I sync my email i get the exact same error.
    10-13-2015 06:38 PM
    Change password of your account ☺
    Or
    What is error code 80070490 and how do I resolve it?

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e?...token=3TFVhyhh
    10-13-2015 07:44 PM
    Actually above link is not correct my WC app is buggy :(
    10-13-2015 07:52 PM
    Today I rolled back my Laptop to Windows 8.1 factory image from DELL. All my contacts are back with their photos. Email is syncing without any issues. (Cannot see contact photos where linkedin integration is done) (I all the time get "Not up to date" error message on phone and on Windows 10 laptop, when tapped it shows 80070490 error code)
    Its clear now that
    1. People app and Mail app on Windows 10 has issue.
    2. The recent update on Windows Phone 8.1 has same bugs that Windows 10 app is experiencing.
    3. I rolled back my Laptop to 8.1 and people app and Mail app are working without any issues, showing all the contact photos that are synced with linkedin.
    4. I dont know how to roll back recent update received on Windows phone 8.1 that will fix the issue. It all started 2 weeks back when outlook.com servers had outage on 23rd Sep to 8 Oct.
    10-13-2015 09:27 PM
    Change password of your account ☺
    Or
    What is error code 80070490 and how do I resolve it?

FAQ - What is error code 80070490 and how do I resolve it? - Microsoft - India
    changing the password doesn't seem to help. I dont have issues with downloading apps or app updates. I have an issue with syncing my email (@outlook.com) and my contacts on all of my windows 10 devices
    rotkod likes this.
    11-30-2015 12:57 PM