No 'Scenes' option in new 8.1 camera app

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Hey, what gives?

I've been playing around with the new 8.1 camera app. Pretty cool, until I noticed it didn't have the option for Scenes (is night, macro, sunset..)

I watched a couple videos explaining it and they both showed a scene option. But on mine its not there.

Help?!

knuckles245

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey, what gives?

I've been playing around with the new 8.1 camera app. Pretty cool, until I noticed it didn't have the option for Scenes (is night, macro, sunset..)

I watched a couple videos explaining it and they both showed a scene option. But on mine its not there.

Help?!

It should be the little circle icon that has the camera with the letter "A" in front of it. If the icon isn't there, while your camera is open, hit the three dots to bring out your options. One of the five boxes you will use the least, so tap which ever one that will be and replace it with the "Scenes" option so it is available directly on your camera screen when you are using it.

Last edited:

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
It should be the little circle icon that has the camera with the letter "A" in front of it. If the icon isn't there, while your camera is open, hit the three dots to bring out your options. One of the five boxes you will use the least, so tap which ever one that will be and replace it with the "Scenes" option so it is available directly on your camera screen when you are using it.

Well, this is my point. When I do all of that (select the 3 dots to open up settings) scenes is not there to select. It's not a matter of knowing how to add it yo my screen, its just not an option. The other options are listed, camera roll, resolution, white balance, ect...no Screens.

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Well, this is my point. When I do all of that (select the 3 dots to open up settings) scenes is not there to select. It's not a matter of knowing how to add it yo my screen, its just not an option. The other options are listed, camera roll, resolution, white balance, ect...no Screens.

Can you add a screenshot? Scenes is in my camera app.

knuckles245

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site

That is pretty odd. Is it in the actual settings itself?

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site

Negative.

Dont know how to say it any clearer. The Scenes option is simply not there. Nothing saying Scenes, No camera in a round circle, no way to select, night, macro, ect.

I'll post a screen shot when I have time. In the meantime, image this..go to settings (...) , photo settings, you'll see the 5 boxes that you can select to show as round buttons. Click one, it pulls up a menu of available options...resolution, white balance, ect. Scenes should be here, but its not.

Thanks everyone for trying. A puzzler..

knuckles245

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
In the meantime, image this..go to settings (...) , photo settings, you'll see the 5 boxes that you can select to show as round buttons. Click one, it pulls up a menu of available options...resolution, white balance, ect. Scenes should be here, but its not.

Thanks everyone for trying. A puzzler..

Go past the five boxes into "Photo Settings", it isn't in there either?

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm weird...
lol
A screenshot is worth a thous..... ahhh you know.
Anxious to see what's happening here.
:smile:

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
WP 8.1 on a Lumia 900 ?????

Wow! That's random! Haha

Nope. The 900 is a Win7.x phone. Different internal architecture. Sorry

Don't let people talk you into upgrading phones "just cuz". I'd still be using my 900 if it didn't break.

The 900 also uses Zune instead of xBox. Zune is WAY better. The camera is great and the People Hub (in my opinion, see my other posts) is better.

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Can you add a screenshot? Scenes is in my camera app.
Ttmp_wp_ss_20140429_0002-1695385480.pngtmp_wp_ss_20140429_00012067713184.png

Here are some screenshots: The top photo is of the last option available in the list as the botom photo did not show all the options.

I got to this screen by first selecting the settings button (...) after I launched the camera app. It takes you to a screen that lets you select either PHOTO SETTINGS or VIDEO SETTINGS. I selected PHOTO. then there are 5 boxes below that let you select which 5 options (round buttons on the left) you want showing. When I select one of then it takes you to the above screen to select.

As you can see, there is no SCENES option to allow me to select Night, Macros, sunset, ect. . .

Any Ideas?

primortal

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
You're sure that's the out of the box (Microsoft) camera app? The icons don't match.

Go to Settings, swip to applications. Tap on photos+camera and check the setting for Default camera app and while you are there scroll down and tap on reset camera.

Techno-Freak

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey, what gives?

Help?!

Same here on my HTC 8X, so 'Scenes' mode in Microsoft Camera.

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
You're sure that's the out of the box (Microsoft) camera app? The icons don't match.

Go to Settings, swip to applications. Tap on photos+camera and check the setting for Default camera app and while you are there scroll down and tap on reset camera.

It is.

Based on the 8X post above I'm thinking its specific to HTC Windows Phone. Gonna try a camera reset and see now.

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Just reset my camera. No scenes.

I'm beginning to think that for some reason HTC Windows Phones didn't get that option.

Way to go HTC. Screwing your Windows Phone customers again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99