[q] apps don't resize to new ''format'' (6inch devices)

anon(8407492)

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I have a lumia 1320 with windows phone 8.1 and I'm probably one of the very few on this forum that actually like it, but theres something new.
As some of you might have noticed windows Phone 8.1 has many optimizations for large screen devices (thats why I post it here and not at the lumia 1320 forum).
For exampje, reminder pop ups no longer have HUGE buttons.
But now I also have this:
screenshot.png

The little bar at the bottom now has extra black space at the bottom instead the bar is stretched. Anyone else has this problem?
Does the lumia 1520 also have this issue?

dandrayan

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
It is because these phones have a 16:9 aspect ratio instead of the 15:9 that most other Windows Phone devices have. I noticed the bars too on some apps on my 1520, but as the developers recompile and release with the newer SDKs to support the new resolutions and aspect ratios, this problem should slowly go away. Recently, 4th & Mayor had such an update that made the difference apparent on my device.

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
The problem with 16x9 spect ratio phones are not new. It is there since WP8 release. Just ask any HTC 8X users. There was even a list about which WP8 apps supports 16x9 aspect ratio correctly. App devs need to write their app to specifically support 16x9 aspect ratio. Nothing you can do. Microsoft did the right thing about not stretch the screen.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12