messaging app using most of my battery

evacc44

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone. I have a Samsung ATIV S Neo that has worked great with the 8.1 update. However, I have a Lumia 520 that doesn't even get through the day anymore with light usage.

I went to Settings>>Battery Saver>>Usage and "Messaging" is taking up a majority of my battery usage. Has anyone else experienced this?

anon(8657436)

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone. I have a Samsung ATIV S Neo that has worked great with the 8.1 update. However, I have a Lumia 520 that doesn't even get through the day anymore with light usage.

I went to Settings>>Battery Saver>>Usage and "Messaging" is taking up a majority of my battery usage. Has anyone else experienced this?

Lumia 520 has just a 1440mAh battery!!! BTW the app you use the most has the most battery usage. Does the phone get really hot randomly even when the messaging app is open but not in use????

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't get the MOST battery usage for me, but it's definitely a lot. I think there's something going on with the new keyboard, personally (completely uneducated guess). Any app that uses frequent keyboard input makes the phone get really hot, and uses a lot of battery. Messaging seems like an odd battery hog for sure, but it's a big one.

evacc44

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
It is really odd that messaging would use four times as much battery as my phone on the 520. I text a lot on my other device and it is 1/8th the battery usage of phone. I really don't know. I was hoping someone else is having the same issue with messaging.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism