Ativ S camera not working--dev preview 8.1

Exprince

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Hello all

As a new convert to the WP club i have recently installed the WP 8.1 developer preview on my ATIV S.All went well and is working smoothy except one big thing.

My camera is not working,it wont open.I have tried doing soft resets and hard resets,none have yielded any results.

So i guess my question is,what can i do to make it work ?

Thank you for your time

Exprince

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
If by reboot you mean restart,then yes i have done so several times with no help.I have been searching the forums all evening,but even though many have similar problems,they have all resolved them by some form of a reset/restart.None of those has worked for me.

Not sure what else is left to do

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Hello all

As a new convert to the WP club i have recently installed the WP 8.1 developer preview on my ATIV S.All went well and is working smoothy except one big thing.

My camera is not working,it wont open.I have tried doing soft resets and hard resets,none have yielded any results.

So i guess my question is,what can i do to make it work ?this is a known issue unfortunately. as far as I know, we just have to sit tight until Samsung firmware update is released. everything else on my 8.1 ativ s is working smoothly, though. hope you are enjoying yours as well. hang in there!

Thank you for your time
the camera problem is a known issue and will likely not be fixed until we get Samsung's firmware update. hope you can hang in there until this happens. 8.1 is running pretty smoothly on my ativ s, with the exception of the camera glitch.

Exprince

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
the camera problem is a known issue and will likely not be fixed until we get Samsung's firmware update. hope you can hang in there until this happens. 8.1 is running pretty smoothly on my ativ s, with the exception of the camera glitch.

I see.Well lets hope they do it soon.

Thanks

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
fortunately my camera works unless I change settings or switch to video and try to switch back to camera. try another hard reset and do a fresh install(rather than from backup) for 8.1 maybe?

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed that lenses seem to work perfectly which is quite weird, OP if you can install OneShot that might help with taking photos seeing as that is a lens instead.

Exprince

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Not sure what One lens is since when i type the name in the windows market it dosent show it,but i temporarily fixed the problem.I installed a camera app called "Camera360" and with it the camera is working,but its quite slow and sluggish.

Can anyone reccomend me a good camera app,preferably a free one.

Thanks

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Not sure what One lens is since when i type the name in the windows market it dosent show it,but i temporarily fixed the problem.I installed a camera app called "Camera360" and with it the camera is working,but its quite slow and sluggish.

Can anyone reccomend me a good camera app,preferably a free one.

Thanks

OneShot is the one I use, very fast and uses the Nokia Camera SDK.

WinSammie

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Tried Oneshot, unfortunately it sometimes flashes after taking the picture too, same as standard camera app. Standard burst mode works fine by the way!

Last edited:

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I have noticed that lenses seem to work perfectly which is quite weird, OP if you can install OneShot that might help with taking photos seeing as that is a lens instead.
Finally got around to trying OneShot. Have been playing around with it all evening and loving it. Thanks for the tip!

WinSammie

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Sometimes my ATIV S camera works OK, sometimes it flashes after a photo, today I found out why: it's OK if you take a vertical photo, but it flashes after you take a horizontal photo! Rotation lock has no influence.

Baadshah Lashari

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
Problem Solved
Sign Out
"Preview For Developers" App. Open The App and See "Enable Developers For Preview" Tap To The Uncheck and Done.
After Done Checkout Camera.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans