Dev Preview wp8.1 - camera roll isn?t putting captured photos in correct time order

MarkXsama

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Well, this is something new to me. When I take a photo, it automatically saves in camera roll, usually I see, in the camera app, the small round preview of the photo, but now I don?t, showing me a photo i took days ago. At first I thought ,,OMG, my Lumia 920 can?t take pictures anymore,, but 5 min later I noticed the photos I took misplaced everywhere e.g. today?s 30.4.2014 photo was set in 27.4.2014, 3 days earlier...Now, EITHER MICROSOFT MAKES TIME TRAVEL FOR PHOTOS POSSIBLE, OR IT IS A BUG...wp8.1 works nice so far, 2 weeks of heavy use, battery life, apps, browsing web, calls, messaging, everythign is good. One minor thing, One day, yesterday :), the swype keyboard didn?t work. I had everything in settings as before, nothing changed, just suddenly stopped working. I soft resetted (is it a word?) the phone, now it works, though it doesn?t necessarily have to be the solution. But it works. Only thing ,,buggng,, me is the photo misplacement, as searching for new photos that I just took is stupid.

anon(8657436)

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Well, this is something new to me. When I take a photo, it automatically saves in camera roll, usually I see, in the camera app, the small round preview of the photo, but now I don?t, showing me a photo i took days ago. At first I thought ,,OMG, my Lumia 920 can?t take pictures anymore,, but 5 min later I noticed the photos I took misplaced everywhere e.g. today?s 30.4.2014 photo was set in 27.4.2014, 3 days earlier...Now, EITHER MICROSOFT MAKES TIME TRAVEL FOR PHOTOS POSSIBLE, OR IT IS A BUG...wp8.1 works nice so far, 2 weeks of heavy use, battery life, apps, browsing web, calls, messaging, everythign is good. One minor thing, One day, yesterday :), the swype keyboard didn?t work. I had everything in settings as before, nothing changed, just suddenly stopped working. I soft resetted (is it a word?) the phone, now it works, though it doesn?t necessarily have to be the solution. But it works. Only thing ,,buggng,, me is the photo misplacement, as searching for new photos that I just took is stupid.

That photo thing is a bit new to me. But try this out, change your date to something in the future like 2016 and restart the phone and then turn it back to present time and restart the phone. Works for some problems related to dates but I don't know about photos.

echan

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
i'm not seeing this prob with either the new default 8.1 camera app or the Nokia Camera Beta app on my L521. Do you have the same problem if you try a different camera app?

MarkXsama

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
@Ashhar Hasan I did what you suggested. It, surprisingly, helped to solve the issue. Thank you for quick reply and help.
@eechan It happened with all the camera apps/lenses.

Seems WP8.1 has many bugs, many fixes, soem stranger than fiction. I hope the GDR updates will, together with Cyan solve some of them, implying fixes, not just updates.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss