voodoocars

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I installed 8.1 on my 8s yesterday. It took ages and I had a message saying low memory several times. There was 801mb free before I did it and it went down to 34mb just before installation. The phone memory is now at 784mb so that's ok.
I have to say it seems quite good. Cortina is not on it though (?anyone) possibly because I am in the uk. The poncey home screen background I will never use. Calendar is an improvement. The notification and action centre I haven't got a clue what that is- can someone please explain... The camera is different.
The main thing though for most users, not me as I don't use many apps, is the function to be able to move stuff to an sd card.
Feel free to add your comments.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Hey, try searching for "How to get cortana outside of US" :) All of your questions or the subjects you seek information on have been covered.. Just try searching (search bar) :grin:
Happy hunting lol

voodoocars

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed something with the camera. If it is camera mode there is a click every few seconds coming from the lens area.. I thought there were no moving parts....

asylumxl

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed something with the camera. If it is camera mode there is a click every few seconds coming from the lens area.. I thought there were no moving parts....

Cameras cannot focus without either a lens element or the sensor moving. This sounds like the camera is hunting, though it shouldn't be in camera mode. Hunting is when the camera cannot find focus and so moves back and forth through the focus range trying to find focus.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs