Whatsapp push notifications... works again?

jaygss

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
It works again ?!

Since I installed 8.1 Dev Preview (the day it came out), WhatsApp was behaving badly, all notifications came in half an hour (or so) late.

I read the article here ( WhatsApp is broken for Window Phone 8.1 and there's no fix in sight | Windows Phone Central ) about it and could confirm it 100%. I didn't get any message on time.

But suddenly, since yesterday night, it works again. I didn't change anything, no update, i got notifications in time and without delay.

Can anyone else confirm that it works normally again? Or is it just for me or did I just get lucky with the messages I got?

I am running the up-to-date normal (non-beta) Version for WP8 on a 920 unbranded german version.

Ilasor

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Yep, since yesterday night/morning notifications work perfectly for me. They also worked normally in the first week of 8.1 dp.

paraesthetic

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Mysterious Whatsapp update somehow? I think it was probably something on their end that they have since fixed. I have also had it working perfectly for the last 10 hours at least (Could be longer, but I hadn't signed back into the app after the 8.1 update until reading the article)

Poirots Progeny

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Good point - whatsapp may have had some problem on their end and they resolved it (I hope).

Would've been nice if they could have said something though!

Nandhadx

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Hopefully it'll stay like this. They seem to work perfectly for a few days and then go back to being horrible; maybe its a new chapter for Whatsapp on WP :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon