Win8.1 and/or Cortana and Work location

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Don't know if this is a Nokia Here Drive or Bing Maps or Cortana issue so posting here and mods can move it.

My Cortana hasn't been reminding me like others. One of my staff who has Cortana as well said his was reminding him differently. So I looked into it and his location for Work is different than mine. He's actually using an address that is NOT where we are. I'm trying to use my actual position, GPS derived. Apparently, between all the apps, none of them actually know the address. Closest is about 76yards away.

How do I use my GPS derived location and enter that as "Work" for Cortana? Before you reply, please understand that this location doesn't have an address that the mapping services can identify. That's the crux of the issue. All the current methods assume you have a known/assigned address. Thanks all.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
There really is no actual way to do this just yet? You should know since you're following the Talderon thread :p
But this does reinforce my point.. We should just give cortana a "check-in" button -_-
Just that simple feature would be helpful!

anon(8657436)

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Don't know if this is a Nokia Here Drive or Bing Maps or Cortana issue so posting here and mods can move it.

My Cortana hasn't been reminding me like others. One of my staff who has Cortana as well said his was reminding him differently. So I looked into it and his location for Work is different than mine. He's actually using an address that is NOT where we are. I'm trying to use my actual position, GPS derived. Apparently, between all the apps, none of them actually know the address. Closest is about 76yards away.

How do I use my GPS derived location and enter that as "Work" for Cortana? Before you reply, please understand that this location doesn't have an address that the mapping services can identify. That's the crux of the issue. All the current methods assume you have a known/assigned address. Thanks all.

Try opening the map (Maps, not Here maps) and click on the circle at the bottom to find your location. Then hold your finger on the place where you want the location to be set. A pin should appear and then you can tap on the pin and it will show you the address and other deatils. On the bottom there will be a star. Tap on it to add the location to favourites.
imgur: the simple image sharer

Last edited:

anon(8657436)

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
There really is no actual way to do this just yet? You should know since you're following the Talderon thread :p
But this does reinforce my point.. We should just give cortana a "check-in" button -_-
Just that simple feature would be helpful!

Talderon is a real bonus for us WP guys!

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
That's the thing, I AM using Maps, not Here maps. Clicked the circle. Put my finger on the place. A pin appeared. NO STAR AT BOTTOM ON SCREEN.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven