The WP 8.1 laggy experience when returning to start screen. Do you experience something similar?

hacer619

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
I have this problem too, but since this is a developer preview version there will be lots of problems (overheating, lag, system apps crashing, unresponsive screen, buttons not working, etc.). you will have to wait until the next developer preview update which would fix some problems or the final version which is the most polished version of the OS. This is version is not meant for everyday use, but instead for developers to test their apps.

mohammed yasir

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Same issue with my L620, u said right, before installing apps to memory card it was fine and smooth. After I installed some apps in memory card it started to lag, a jerky feeling when returning to home screen. I thought it was the problem with my memory card.

Mavee Shah

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Same issue with my L620, u said right, before installing apps to memory card it was fine and smooth. After I installed some apps in memory card it started to lag, a jerky feeling when returning to home screen. I thought it was the problem with my memory card.

Same case here on my Lumia 720

rubenwidjaja

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
anything change after "small update" wp 8.1?
I'm using 720 and still feel little laggy when do scrolling in apps and when returning to start screen

anyone try to do hard reset and feel the different?

nasellok

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Lumia Icon with 8.1 update is Buttery Smooth, no lag at all. Every once and a while, power button takes a second to wake, other than that, no issues.

Abhishek Krishna

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Same problem with my Lumia 620. I don't have any apps installed to the SD card. (SanDisk, 16GB, Class 10). The photos app background takes a second or two to load almost every time. Disabling the start screen background option doesn't help.
I think WP 8.1 allows the start screen to be suspended when more RAM is required and makes the problem worse than it was on 8.0.
When I changed back to 2 columns and scrolled down immediately, the tiles still haven't loaded. So it looks like the tiles have become slower to load, and with 3 columns turned on, you can see it.
Doesn't feel smooth and animations drop frames in quite a few places as well. (More lag than other phones that are meant to lag - Cheap Androids) Hopefully its fixed with an OS and firmware update.

kevinn206

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
It's full of lags now on my Lumia 920.

1/ Going back to home screen sometimes stutter
2/ Loading...
3/ Resuming...

I got Loading... on even built-in apps that never happened with 8.0 including Outlook, Calendar, Store, Music, Messaging, etc...

Bataar

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm having a similar issue on my Lumia 1520. When I unlock the phone, it will show a loading screen on the start screen with the full loading animation and everything. Black screen, says Loading, and shows the blue dots loading animation. Sometimes, this will take around 2 minutes to get to the start screen. When this is happening, I can hold the Back button down to multitask and the start screen is the only thing running.

When I do get to my start screen, the battery will be quite a bit lower than it should and when I check the Battery Saver, it shows Internet Explorer as having used a lot of the battery, even though I have it disabled when not in use. This has been happening more and more frequently. This was happening before the latest update. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it.

Brett Gomez

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Sporting a Lumia 920.. With wp8.1 preview update.. Experienced the same twice.. Had even worse.. My lock screen used yo drain out colour.. But all these solved with recent OTA update.. But I still find my camera, when turned on is just black.. And if directed to a bulb or light source.. The light is very faint with green tinge.. Only way to resolve is to turn the phone off and then on.. And All other probs disappeared with the update.. I don't think its the rm problem.. The OS needs to be rechecked.. Cos my battery life is still bad..

jplemt

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
My Lumia Icon runs well, the only start screen problem I've noticed is that it will not recognize a touch to launch an app for the split second after the start screen stops being animated-moving the tiles back into place.

latempete

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I experience something similar? Whenever I go to the homescreen, Ihave to wait like 1 second to be able to tap any tiles. It's weird... Do you guys experience anything like this?
Yes!!! It's been like that since I bought my 1520 in February. I am now running 8.1 and it is the same.

manvuk

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
I experienced it few times too. Hitting home button to start screen sometimes leads to resuming letters screen. I did not give so much care for that. We will see how it goes after small update few days ago. But obviously it has nothing with 512mb ram devices only, its the matter of OS.

Sent from my Lumia 720 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss