Update to 8.1 or wait for Nokia Cyan?

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Now I know there are a lot of threads and posts already about bugs, battery life and issues, but it is a bit of a chore to read through them all, and tossing up whether to update to the dev preview or wait for official firmware is a little hard - also there are lots of posts from people who just updated days before posting, after which things like battery life may/may not have gotten better. I've started this thread for myself and other people who really want to upgrade to 8.1 on the dev preview for the new features, but also debating whether to because of bugs, serious flaws etc. that may render a device more unusable than on stable software (it is a developer preview, after all). So for users who have had the Dev Preview for a while now is it worth updating? If so, what are the issues/bugs that are quite serious, and do they hamper usage during the day?

Cheers :D

darkest.white

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I updated the day it was released, along with my gf. And honestly, when it comes down to it it was totally worth it. Battery life issues have been reported however to me it seems that the estimation for time remaining and percentage is just more accurate. I would never even consider going back to 8. This update has made me fall in love with windows phone all over again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett