Phone wont update to 8.1

Joseph Pellegrino

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys!

I posted another thread in Cortana because my phone wouldn't show if it was there or not. But I just checked about in settings and it says that my version is still 8.0 even though I updated it and it said it was successful. I tried searching for a solution but there is nothing to be found. I reset my phone multiple times however it seems that it is still on the Windows 8.0 version and not 8.1, what should I do to update? I keep checking for updates but it says that my phone is up to date.

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
The first this I would check is that you still have the box ticked in the preview for developers app. Check your region settings and so on, then recheck for an update, if I recall my 8x updated 4 times before I got the 8.1 installed

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
if you have the developer preview app installed , try to re-install the app , login with the same Microsoft id you used in appstudio or dev account . Tap on enable preview for developers.

Joseph Pellegrino

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I reinstalled the app, and my phone still says that it is up to date. I have no clue what to do. I even played around with the region setting after all of the things that I tried didn't work, and there is still no luck.

BatteryLife

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm.. Try again tomorrow and let us know if it works?

Some time ago there was some news about Microsoft wanting to pull the dev preview, don't know if they done it or not though

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I cant speak for other phones but the update on my L 1320 and the L 520 came in two steps.
First a small update and right after that the 8.1 update.
And yes the update is stil in the air, just checkt ;-)

Make shure your Phone is developers unlocked ( Appstudio or something like that )
Windows Phone App Studio - Microsoft

Then install the preview for developers on your Phone.
walk trough the setting of this app.
If thats completed your good to go.

It has nothing to do with region or language settings ;-)
Maybe you just overlooked something

Joseph Pellegrino

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I tried everything, I am a registered developer and it wont update my phone for me. When I first downloaded the app it did an update and said it went through but my phone still says its 8.0, I've restarted multiple times and keep checking for updates but nothing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs