How To Uninstall INSTALLED APPLICATION (tutorial with video)

Faraaz96

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Hello people :)
Many people are facing problems regarding Uninstallation of Applications from their phones.
So i've made a video for those people to help them out :)

CHECK Video LINK :-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-psZVPRrGs8&feature=youtu.be
Software link:-
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6LpmXTs9j_wejhJMHhaYWZzV0U/edit?usp=sharing

Procedure:-

HELLO THERE ! :)
I'm gonna teach you how to remove installed application from your
WINDOWS PHONE 8 or 8.1 !!

1)First download the software given in the link (direct link)
2)uncompress it
4)connect your phone (your phone must be DEVELOPER UNLOCKED)
3)open the software
4)now in the software you'll see something like "xap tools"
5)Go to xap tools and post the aplication id in the unistall field
6)you'll get application id from the marketplace LINK
for example :-
i wanted to uninstall an application called "uber facts" the
marketplace link is :-
UberFacts | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

So the application ID will be :-
066bc088-eb87-44c8-8d62-e751f259a329

8) paste that application ID in the space and press uninstall.

7)and VOILA !!
your application has been uninstalled . :)

THIS IS MY FIRST VIDEO ! SORRY FOR THE MISTAKES :)
DO COMMENT AND LIKE :)
HAVE A NICE DAY!

Last edited:

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm asking where is the software link? could've pasted here! :) but ok!
go to youtube to get the software link

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
First of all thanks for the tutorial and download link :D, it has not gone as smoothly as indicated in your tutorial. I am on windows 7 pro (64bit) and phone is running 8.1 dp.

Now my issue, simple calendar has become randomly disabled and thanks to Skyrocket007, who linked this thread - I didn't think there was a way to uninstall xaps without installing VSstudio and going through all that rigmarole.

Well got the application working by installing the WP 8.0 SDK lite as it was throwing a CLR20r3 error when launched (had the whole error pasted in notepad but in my sleep deprived stated I turned my laptop off lol - was working on it last night when I came back home) and would not start sand boxed (via sandboxie) or via compatibility (XP, Vista, windows 7 and as admin under properties).

However I am now getting the message that the device is developer locked.. tried fiddling with the USB settings on the phone (for those who don't know -use bing local search for usb settings to access to them) and changed my region from US to UK (region switch to enable Cortana). Also have tried disconnecting from the internet on laptop, phone (both wi fi and cellular). Lastly tried running running the WPV Xap deployer whilst the Preview for Developers app was opened but to no avail.

So I am at a loss here, any ideas?

P.S I forgot to add, I have already uninstalled and reinstalled (via windows update) the windows phone drivers.

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
First of all thanks for the tutorial and download link :D, it has not gone as smoothly as indicated in your tutorial. I am on windows 7 pro (64bit) and phone is running 8.1 dp.

Now my issue, simple calendar has become randomly disabled and thanks to Skyrocket007, who linked this thread - I didn't think there was a way to uninstall xaps without installing VSstudio and going through all that rigmarole.

Well got the application working by installing the WP 8.0 SDK lite as it was throwing a CLR20r3 error when launched (had the whole error pasted in notepad but in my sleep deprived stated I turned my laptop off lol - was working on it last night when I came back home) and would not start sand boxed (via sandboxie) or via compatibility (XP, Vista, windows 7 and as admin under properties).

However I am now getting the message that the device is developer locked.. tried fiddling with the USB settings on the phone (for those who don't know -use bing local search for usb settings to access to them) and changed my region from US to UK (region switch to enable Cortana). Also have tried disconnecting from the internet on laptop, phone (both wi fi and cellular). Lastly tried running running the WPV Xap deployer whilst the Preview for Developers app was opened but to no avail.

So I am at a loss here, any ideas?

So buddy what error did you got when you tried to run WPV xap deployer or the app didn't get start only.??
And did you do a hard reset after installing WP8.1 preview??

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
So buddy what error did you got when you tried to run WPV xap deployer or the app didn't get start only.??
And did you do a hard reset after installing WP8.1 preview??

The error I got was similar to this, the only difference is the version number in "Problem Signature 2 and 5" (replicated by using an older version of WPV Xap Deployer version 1.6):

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: wpv xap deployer.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.6.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 4edcb833
Problem Signature 04: WPV XAP Deployer
Problem Signature 05: 1.6.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 4edcb833
Problem Signature 07: 47
Problem Signature 08: 26
Problem Signature 09: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

After Installing the WP8 SDK Lite compiled via Arnold Vink I was able to get WPV Xap Deployer 2.0 running. Now I get the error message saying the device is not developer unlocked.

To answer your last question, no I didn't hard reset after installing WP8.1 preview - don't want to lose my saved games especially sector strike, poured alot of hours in to that game lol.

Never the less I was able to re-install simple calendar via the push install method via windowsphone.com - had to constantly click re-install for the installer to be pushed through to my phone. However would like to get this tool working just in case this issue occurs again and the re-install method via windows phone doesn't work.

Link to WP8.0 SDK Lite in case anyone needs it:

[Guide] Install Windows Phone 8.0 SDK Lite on Windows 7/8(32bit or 64bit)

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
The error I got was similar to this, the only difference is the version number in "Problem Signature 2 and 5" (replicated by using an older version of WPV Xap Deployer version 1.6):

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name:CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01:wpv xap deployer.exe
Problem Signature 02:1.6.0.0
Problem Signature 03:4edcb833
Problem Signature 04:WPV XAP Deployer
Problem Signature 05:1.6.0.0
Problem Signature 06:4edcb833
Problem Signature 07:47
Problem Signature 08:26
Problem Signature 09:System.IO.FileNotFoundException
OS Version:6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID:2057
Additional Information 1:0a9e
Additional Information 2:0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3:0a9e
Additional Information 4:0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

After Installing the WP8 SDK Lite compiled via Arnold Vink I was able to get WPV Xap Deployer 2.0 running. Now I get the error message saying the device is not developer unlocked.

To answer your last question, no I didn't hard reset after installing WP8.1 preview - don't want to lose my saved games especially sector strike, poured alot of hours in to that game lol.

Never the less I was able to re-install simple calendar via the push install method via windowsphone.com - had to constantly click re-install for the installer to be pushed through to my phone. However would like to get this tool working just in case this issue occurs again and the re-install method via windows phone doesn't work.

Link to WP8.0 SDK Lite in case anyone needs it:

[Guide] Install Windows Phone 8.0 SDK Lite on Windows 7/8(32bit or 64bit)

Buddy unlock your device again and try again that deployer

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Buddy unlock your device again and try again that deployer

I'm not sure what you meant by unlock your device again, so I un-enrolled from the preview via the preview for developers app and uninstalled. Re-installed via windowsphone.com (push method) and enrolled again via the app. However still get the same message - that the device is still developer locked.

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure what you meant by unlock your device again, so I un-enrolled from the preview via the preview for developers app and uninstalled. Re-installed via windowsphone.com (push method) and enrolled again via the app. However still get the same message - that the device is still developer locked.
I thought you were knowing how to developer unlock your device
You installed WP8 SDK lite in your pc
In it there will be development registration WP8 open it connect your device and in that enter your credentials of live account and hola your device will be developer unlocked.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077