I hard reset twice and my Lumia 520 now lives upto a day and a half!!!

anon(8657436)

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
I hard reset cause last week my phone got so f'ed up by Ashphalt 8 that even the action center buttons won't show (not even after countless restarts). Furthermore uninstalling the game left my phone with 1.2 Gigs of garbage (it just didn't uninstall completely, as with almost every Ashphalt game till date).
So I hard reset, mistakenly restored my backup (not restoring it really helps with lag, if any). So what do I do? I thought, a fine looking Sunday with 45 f'kin celsius degrees outside? Meh, just hard reset the guy and start from scratch. Reset again (with 100% battery and plugged into charger).
Thanks to the purchase history in the store and option to download multiple apps at once, I got back all stuff I wanted and threw out some garbage. (Oh, forgot to mention that I copied all of my music and photos and such to my computer and also formatted the SD during the reset). Voila, now it gave me 1 day and 14 hours of battery the first cycle, 1 day 6 hours in the next and 1 day 12 hours last time.

So:
1. Hard reset after removing all of your data.
2. Reset on a full battery and plugged in.
3. Don't restore backup.
4. No DTTW. Auto brightness. Push email for 2 accounts. Not too much social networking.

And one more crazy thing: Before the reset, if I opened the facebook app and the screen timed out, whenever I unlocked my phone, the facebook had autoclosed. That's gone now. So thank the HARD RESET!

anon(8657436)

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Please mention your phones model also.

Average use may mean "your personal average". It's not a standard. I want to know how much does WP last with different people in different scenarios.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
On WP8 I got a good 16-17 hours out of my 920. (Hadn't seen a hard reset since I got it when I flashed it to GDR2 / Amber
After 8.1, I can't recall, but it wasn't great.
Hard reset once, restored from backup = 10 hour battery life. (sounds like an iPad)
Hard reset again, can't say because its the weekend and it hasn't been put through normal daily use.

dusann

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
Without hard reset after i updated to wp8.1 my L520 battery lasts around 30 hours. Before update my battery lasts <1day.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium