Battery not accurate on Windows Phone 8.1 Preview

9112Fisher

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Hello. Today I put my Lumia 1020 to charge and after some time I saw that my phone is fully charged but I left it to charge even after that for about 15 mins. When I disconnected it from charger I had to restart phone, I wanted to play with cortana so I had to change region and language :p After restart I saw that my battery isn't fully charged. It was about 97% but few minutes ago, before I restarted phone it was 100% charged. Also I noticed that my battery drains quickly than it was before, when I had 8.0. I hope that's some bug or my phone's battery is going down :/

Gal Avraham

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
i have a similiar problem to yours.
when the phone is off and 0% charged, then i connect it to the charger. after it boots, it shows that i have 100% battery charged(?!).
anyway, it seems like it's a windows bug or\and the firmware version needs an update.

VaraPrasad18

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
And also the estimates are wrong, post 8.1 my phone used to show atleast 1day and 6 hrs for 100%, now it shows 16 hrs and when i put of battery saving till next charge it shows 14hrs its kind of weird.

9112Fisher

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
I checked that now. Same here. Before it was at least 23 hours after 100% charging. Now it says 20h. Hope they gonna fix this for release!

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Who cares about est times. It's just a rough guess. After few weeks you know your phone and you know you can make it through the day or not. I never look at that.
It's more precise if you look at the since last charge, if your battery is nearly empty. Then you know the REAL time

quantum tao

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
i took my phone off charger this morning, used for about an hour it was down to 89%. i soft reset it and it was magically at 100%. i rebooted again it was now at 98%. 45 minutes later its at 93%.

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Hello. Today I put my Lumia 1020 to charge and after some time I saw that my phone is fully charged but I left it to charge even after that for about 15 mins. When I disconnected it from charger I had to restart phone, I wanted to play with cortana so I had to change region and language :p After restart I saw that my battery isn't fully charged. It was about 97% but few minutes ago, before I restarted phone it was 100% charged.

This is pretty normal, happens with all Windows Phone I already had. Lumia 710, Omnia W, Lumia 820 and Lumia 925. Maybe restart drains a lot of battery or system take time to make made a correctly read.

quantum tao

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Who cares about est times. It's just a rough guess. After few weeks you know your phone and you know you can make it through the day or not. I never look at that.
It's more precise if you look at the since last charge, if your battery is nearly empty. Then you know the REAL time

Are you using 8.1? This was fine thinking on 8.0. But 8.1 random power sucks, I never needed to keep an eye on my battery till now. But I am confident all will be good when firmware gets updated and 8.1 goes ga.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos