Video Recorded on Windows 8.1(Lumia 1520) corrupted

chintsen

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,
Yesterday, we have been to a dance program where my son performed. My wife wanted to have the event recorded and about to carry the camcorder. I, trusting on Lumia 1520 and Windows Phone 8.1(developer Edition) advised against it and recorded the video. The file size was 486 MB. When I tried to play it, the phone says the file is in the incorrect format.
I tried to do a lot of troubleshooting.
1) Copying the file to the WIndows 8.1 and tried playing it. Did not work
2) Tried to convert the file to a different format using Any Video converter. The software did not recognize the file
3) Downloaded various tools to fix the corrupted file. No luck
Have anyone experienced this issue? Please help me recover this file for me...This video is very important for me..

Thank You!!

Ebeelily

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
I have this exact same issue. I've taken a video and it refuses to play. Tried many different players, converters, but nothing wants it. I think because it was shot in Nokia Camera Pro or whatever as opposed to the regular camera, it has automatically compressed it into another format. That being said I still can't find how to get it to work, and this is pissing me off to no end. All I can advise is to use the regular camera in future..

Dono N

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Same issue here, I recorded a hot pepper challenge. a carolina reaper is not something you want to keep eating over and over. Both times it failed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos