youtube not playing

voodoocars

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I've got 8.1 on my HTC 8s. Before I could watch youtube with no problems but now the vids wont play and the websit just flashes on and off. What's going on there then?

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Food is a real good YouTube app. I don't know about the website on the phone.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520, w/AT&T using Tapatalk

JANGEL13

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I've tried YouTube HD, metro tube, and the website and none of them are playing videos. I've used all of them since I updated to 8.1 and I haven't had any problems until today.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I've tried YouTube HD, metro tube, and the website and none of them are playing videos. I've used all of them since I updated to 8.1 and I haven't had any problems until today.

Have you rebooted your phone lately? (down vol and power button at the same time till it vibrates)
I have the 8.1 preview on my 1020, and all my YouTube apps (Metrotube, Mytube etc) play videos just fine. Including straight from the YouTube web site. (desktop or mobile mode).

DaT Franchise

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Been on 8.1 sense it dropped and here in the last 2 days I've had YouTube Hd repeatedly crash, it will play sometimes but every video leaving landscape will crash. Metro tube is very slow lots of buffering.

JANGEL13

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Have you rebooted your phone lately? (down vol and power button at the same time till it vibrates)
I have the 8.1 preview on my 1020, and all my YouTube apps (Metrotube, Mytube etc) play videos just fine. Including straight from the YouTube web site. (desktop or mobile mode).

That did the trick. I usually do a soft reset around once a week.
8.1 is a little glitchy for me so I soft reset it to keep it running smooth

JANGEL13

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Been on 8.1 sense it dropped and here in the last 2 days I've had YouTube Hd repeatedly crash, it will play sometimes but every video leaving landscape will crash. Metro tube is very slow lots of buffering.

I use metro tube a lot and it is never slow for me, even when watching HD on wifi or AT&T LTE

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
When I click on a video in ie it always says select an app I click on store to get an app but non are supported but my youtube apps work fine on their own

DJRedLine

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
The youtube website always seems to prompt for an app when you are in 'desktop' mode if you switch to 'mobile' viewing it then plays the videos in IE

voodoocars

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I have managed to watch a video on YouTube . If I try to skip through it though it stops.
By the way- how do you do a 'soft' reset on a htc8s? I have powered the phone off every now and then via the on/off button-is that the same? I know I could do a hard reset but that wipes the phone.

voodoocars

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Having failed continuously trying to watch YouTube I gave up and downloaded Metrotube. Works perfectly now. Why would that work but not the actual site? Same videos...

JANGEL13

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I have managed to watch a video on YouTube . If I try to skip through it though it stops.
By the way- how do you do a 'soft' reset on a htc8s? I have powered the phone off every now and then via the on/off button-is that the same? I know I could do a hard reset but that wipes the phone.

Try this. http://forums.windowscentral.com/htc-8s/211672-soft-reset.html
Make sure to read the whole thing.

Use the volume and power button procedure. Do not use the reset function in your settings menu. It will factory reset your phone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos