How does my WP know my new Outlook password?

EchoOne30

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I just changed my main Microsoft account password (my outlook one).

I got the text from MS saying it was changed, but there is no option, and it didn't ask me, to enter my new password on my phone. Furthermore, I just forced a check of my email, and a new one came through. So it is obviously still letting me use the account without entering the new password.

How does the OS work where the password is concerned for the main account on the phone?

/mods I posted in here just because I'm using 8.1, if this is in the wrong place please move it :)

thomasdtran

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
I just changed my main Microsoft account password (my outlook one).

I got the text from MS saying it was changed, but there is no option, and it didn't ask me, to enter my new password on my phone. Furthermore, I just forced a check of my email, and a new one came through. So it is obviously still letting me use the account without entering the new password.

How does the OS work where the password is concerned for the main account on the phone?

/mods I posted in here just because I'm using 8.1, if this is in the wrong place please move it :)
I updated my password for Outlook (Microsoft account) and I was prompted to just update my email address password. Your phone is a trusted device so there's no need to update it.

ULOP3Z

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Your WP must be signed in with your MS Account then (Outlook, Xbox, OneDrive, Office, all the same passwords)

EchoOne30

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Thank guys for those who posted helpful responses.

The trusted device reason makes sense. But it still concerns me a bit that there is no "update password" popup, as I had to do on my home PC running Windows 8.1
If I had to update it there, why not on my WP device? I'm not sure I understand why.

In WP7, if you changed passwords, it would ask you to update it.

herbertsnow

Banned
Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Thank guys for those who posted helpful responses.

The trusted device reason makes sense. But it still concerns me a bit that there is no "update password" popup, as I had to do on my home PC running Windows 8.1
If I had to update it there, why not on my WP device? I'm not sure I understand why.

In WP7, if you changed passwords, it would ask you to update it.

I just changed my MS password recently also. Most of the apps didn't ask me for the new password. But one or two did. I had more trouble with non MS Trusted devices.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos