Apps boot-up time on WP8.1

miklavzg

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I have HTC 8X with 8.1 and boot-up time of Viber and FB Messenger is slow and most of the time buggy - app doesn't load properly.

Do you also experience the same issue? What about Lumia users?

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Did you tried reinstalling the app from windows phone store. Also try a soft reset by holding the volume down +lock button at the same time until your phone vibrates and reboots.

shreadow

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
i have lumia 920
an Whatsapp , Viber, Line, almost every app takes so much time to open
i think the problem is from windowss, but not sure!

miklavzg

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
i have lumia 920
an Whatsapp , Viber, Line, almost every app takes so much time to open
i think the problem is from windowss, but not sure!

I know that all these apps are really fast on iOS and Android, but really suck on WP. Do you think it's WP's fault?

Take a look at Skype app. It opens on Android and iOS in a blink of a second and it takes ages on WP. Skype by Microsoft... I really don't understand that.

Josip Zeljko

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Same problem on HTC 8S. Nothing helps (even hard reset). Guess we have to wait for the official release. By then a lot of stuff should be fixed through updates.

three_thoughts

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Developers have had a long time to optimise their apps for iOS and Android but have had less time with WP. Also given that companies don't spend as much resources on WP apps, it's no surprise the apps are of worse quality.

IMO this is the real "app gap". The apps exist but often perform poorly and are not updated frequently. But that is progress from not having the apps at all.

miklavzg

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Developers have had a long time to optimise their apps for iOS and Android but have had less time with WP. Also given that companies don't spend as much resources on WP apps, it's no surprise the apps are of worse quality.

IMO this is the real "app gap". The apps exist but often perform poorly and are not updated frequently. But that is progress from not having the apps at all.

I agree. WP ecosystem feels like public beta IMO.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99