battery drain when WIFI connected

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Either try a soft reset or a hard reset. That's the only way to solve problems in WP8.1.

Works 99% of the time.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm avoiding the hardreset.

From that remark I'm guessing that you didn't do a hard reset after 8.1

That is your problem, most if not all people that have problems with 8.1 have either not done a hard reset after 8.1 or did a hard reset and then restored from a backup they had of the phone made before 8.1

Marty Larsson

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I was going to ask the same question if I'm off work and at home I will be connected to my WiFi, and its drains so quickly almost from 100% to dead within hours but don't get me wrong this is with constant use of fb, twitter, whatsap, browsing sport, tech and news articles with txts and the odd scroll of instagram lol would that be why it drains quicker then normal?

Stephen Pedersen

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Locations drains the power too. Nothing crazy but I keep it off to be conservative. to bad Cortana requires it. I haven't used cortana once because of that.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
so I have to do an hard reset, but I can't restore my phone to how it used to be? not even the sms'?

I wouldn't restore anything if I were you.

I suppose it wouldn't do any harm to do a hard reset and restore from your backup you made when in 8.1 just to see if it helps but you would need to give it a few days for the battery to settle down. Then if that doesn't help do another hard reset and don't restore.

Just make a backup of your test/sms messages.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs