Glance screen not working on Nokia 920

rk_bakshi

May 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi

I have installed WP8.1 on my Nokia 920 and really like all the new features after upgrade. However, I have found issues with the Glance screen feature now. When I toggle on the Glance screen feature, there are distortion like effects on the lock screen when the phone locks. After experimentation, I have found that when the battery is full (100%), Glance screen feature works perfectly. It is working with battery going down to 90%, 85%, 80%. But as soon as battery hits 70% or lower and lower, the Glance screen distortion starts showing on the lock screen. Then I have to stop the Glance screen by toggling it off. I have stopped using Glance screen for now due to this issue.

Have any 920 users experiencing such issue with Glance screen not working with WP8.1.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately I have not. I have a 920 as well and my glance screen has been working normal. I don't know if it makes a difference but under glance screen settings I have night mode turned off. There are settings for effects to the picture on glance screen. Is it possible these are on thus altering the appearance of the image? Wish I could help more.

rk_bakshi

May 7, 2014
Visit site
I don't know what's causing it. Now my phone battery is 100% and glance screen is working perfectly, all features including night mode. Clock shows toggled color red blue green without any distortion. But as soon as battery goes below 70%, clock shows distortion. I do not know if I can post pictures. I hope its some king of bug with WP8.1 dev preview. Any way, thanks for replying.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried microsofts diagnosis app. It wont give answers but you download it. Run it then go to what the issue is and then back to the app and it sends the diagnostic info back to Microsoft to help them catch and figure out bugs. It even gives you a space to explain the issue in the report you send.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos