At what point does the Recovery Tool actually wipe the phone?

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I have downloaded the Nokia Recovery Tool, is there a way to get it to download the software for my phone but not actually wipe the phone and install it yet? Can I just walk thru the steps and unplug the phone after it starts downloading or would that already be too late?

anon(7817172)

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
I have downloaded the Nokia Recovery Tool, is there a way to get it to download the software for my phone but not actually wipe the phone and install it yet? Can I just walk thru the steps and unplug the phone after it starts downloading or would that already be too late?

If you just want the software, use Navifirm+ instead. It's quite risky the way you want to "unplug after download".

Navifirm+ gets the software directly from Nokia servers anyway, so there should be no difference.

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Try the " Nokia Software Updater For Retail" Instead. You can then start the download, with the warning it gives, then just remove the phone and it continues to download and save it to a folder in your PC.

hprvez

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Op wants to know if he can do a flash without losing his data and app data, just like an ota update, in order to "refresh" his os. It's not possible.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
No, op wants to know how to download the software when I have fast internet, so I can install on the device later, when I have slow internet or offline.

I figured out my own answer. Depending how fast your internet is, you have plenty of time to unplug the device after the files start downloading. When it's finished, you have a local copy of the files, and your device is still working until such time as you choose to do the deed.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon