Going back to WP 8.0 from 8.1 Developer preview

Lakshman Guntu

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Hello All ,
I want to go back to WP8.0 from WP8.1. I know i can do that with with Nokia Software Recovery Tool, I am getting the below error when trying to that. Package not available. Please help

I m Using Lumia 920

Untitled.png

Pawlee

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I think I used NSU first and got a similar error then used Nokia Software Recovery tool and it managed to do it. Given that you've used both and it's not worked that's rather worrying.

I know it's little help but I thought I'd let you know from my experience.

The only difference I can think is that the software was recently updated.

Lakshman Guntu

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I think I used NSU first and got a similar error then used Nokia Software Recovery tool and it managed to do it. Given that you've used both and it's not worked that's rather worrying.

I know it's little help but I thought I'd let you know from my experience.

The only difference I can think is that the software was recently updated.

Wondering if any settings are different on the phone.. Whats are regional settings you have ? :)

Pawlee

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I didn't know they did the 64gb 1020 in yellow, mine is black. Make the lack of sd card a bit easier doesn't it especially when taking photos in raw.
Possibly a UK thing, as the O2 site here has Black and Yellow.

For a long time I've always been trucking with SD cards (N82 to N86 to N8 to 808 to 620) and I always thought that was the way to go, but as soon as I saw the 1020 had no SD support but would release a 64 GB I had to get it. I have to say that it's definitely very nice having it all on the phone. I had problems with my 620, not just that 8.0 doesn't support SD cards very well, but when I put a 64 GB card in it I had problems, whereas I didn't with a 32 GB. So it was nice just not to worry about that at all on my 1020.

When it comes to my next phone (1030 plz?!) while some people really say it NEEDS an SD card I don't think I require it to anymore. They just need to make the 64 GB available worldwide, or make it 64 GB by standard. I suppose if they iron out all the problems with images and music on 8.1 then I wouldn't complain at 16/32 + SD.

Apologies for all the off topic ;x

NiteCourt

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I had that same issue with my 925. Don't ask me why but I installed the Nokia software on a different PC on the same network with the same internet connection and it worked. I went back to the PC where the software did not work after I reinstalled 8 on my phone and it still gave me that message. I uninstalled and reinstalled the Nokia software on the original PC and it still did not work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)