Xbox Music app not showing all album covers

anon(8075033)

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Hello.

Today I added a couple of songs from Snoop Dogg's album "Tha Doggfather" to my Lumia 820 (Windows Phone 8.1) but the Music app won't show the album cover art of the album. I added the art via iTunes as I have done to all other albums. Every other album art works except this one. I tried to add it a couple of times but it doesn't work. It looks like this:

wp_ss_20140510_0001.png

Is there anything I can do or is this just a bug?

Thanks for the help. :smile:

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Yep, Xbox Music is still buggy, even after the update. I too have many albums that aren't showing imbedded album art in the MP3's.

It looks like, to me, the it isn't using the embedded images, metadata, but relying on Xbox Music cloud data to pull down any album art. And that if it can't cross reference the meta data properly, it goes stupid.

I realized this just now because I have an MP3 that I created, and I set the album artists as "female" and Xbox Music app thinks it's Iron Maiden. Microsoft is really trying hard to push us to their Music cloud, and doing a really bad job of it.

rahilsayed

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
For me too there's an issue of no Background Artist image when playing a song.....Tried MP3Tag editor and all.....Latest update doesn't help

Adriaan NL

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm sorry - it's not a bug! I've got like tons of albums on my phone and by adding images to my music files with mp3tag, they all feature an album cover.

When you add the cover, make sure you give all the files of an album the same cover and make sure you actually save the album cover in the files after adding it in mp3tag. Following this method, this has never gone wrong. In terms of displaying album covers, Xbox music is flawless (just very slow lol).

Adriaan NL

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
For Rayilsayed, Mp3tag only adds album covers, not background images. That should Xbox music do. However, when you listen to music not in the store or not so popular music, then Xbox doesn't have an image for it. The needs of the many...

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry - it's not a bug! I've got like tons of albums on my phone and by adding images to my music files with mp3tag, they all feature an album cover.

When you add the cover, make sure you give all the files of an album the same cover and make sure you actually save the album cover in the files after adding it in mp3tag. Following this method, this has never gone wrong. In terms of displaying album covers, Xbox music is flawless (just very slow lol).
Aaaaaa no.

Sorry but, I to am very fluent with Mp3Tag and saving album covers inside the MP3 file and making sure all the songs in the album get the same image. With the old Music Hub, all my album art was shown properly. Now, not so.

One thing I did find awhile back and just remembered is that Xbox Music, and Window Media Player and the old Music Hub app really like the "contributing artist" tag for a bunch of indexing. Why? I have no clue.

Adriaan NL

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
You need to use Zune to match album info from their servers. Xbox music and Zune pretty much uses the same catalog.

Problem with Zune is that the metadata it adds (artist info, album covers etc) are not actually stored in the file, but... somewhere in Zune. The Zune player in WP7 could read this, but other players cannot. So adding info in Zune does not solve anything.

@Guzzler3, okay, I believe you, but then I am surprised I have zero issues with metadata...

busyman96

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I just noticed this problem when I changed music syncing to use a new PC. All the album art is missing. So much for background loading.

FMlight

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Same bug here, trying to fix the pb for a few albums the other day, after installing 8.1 and fully reseting the phone...I ended up loosing ALL of them...tonight, I added two albums to my collection, an why ho why, one album is showing the cover, lol... it was broken before, Xbox music it's still broken now, this software or filesystem is totally broken, it can"t properly read the bloody content of a folder, and even though I like my Lumia, it is a total shame on MS for not being able to make it work 100% of times.
By the way, I use Random player to play my songs, and it is able to display the covers of all the albums while playing them...so yes, the bug in Xbox music player is 100% MS's fault, and I wish they'll fix it in the next update..it's been to long since it's broken.
Regards.
Fred

MaitreyaV

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Must say that the app's still terrible. It's happening with me too however all of my music does show the album art on other players.

MaitreyaV

May 29, 2014
Visit site
There're many updates passed by but there seems to be no fix by them till now. I doubt it will happen in the next. This was touted as to fix this issue but it didn't. :p

iXNUdfkSIQbn4.jpg

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
If you're sure the art's in the files correctly, you could try turning off all of XBM's streamin/cloud/pass options (do people actually give them money for a pass to this shambles?), then hook up the phone to a PC, browse to the phone's Music folder and deleting the hidden subfolders for Artist, Album etc. and let XBM have another stab at creating the relevant metadata.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa