Adblock via Proxy (IE11) ?

Tw4T

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, I have been poppin those banner ads and other forms of advertisement for years using Firefox and the famous AdBlock+ . Once in a while I would white list a few sites that I truly believed could benefit from my support ( neowin, wpcentral to name but a few ). Now I am have 100% usage of windows phone and there is a cat in hells change of FF being porter to WP.1 I am looking for other ways to block the ads, IN IE11 ONLY. I use a DNS service that allows me to watch the WWE Network from outside the USA and have been made aware of a program called 'Privoxy' but it first needs installing on a desktop for it to work. So, my first question is, can a DNS service help block ads or do I need a Proxy for it to work. Right now I don't have too much free time to look into this, away on business untill next Tuesday. So I am reaching out to the wonderful people over at WPcentral to try and do the leg work for me. I KNOW some of the smart talent on here will come up with an answer for me. Until then, MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE

hprvez

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
An alternative dns service is what you are looking for. But you'll discover that your navigation speed will be hugely impacted using a free service or something like that

Tw4T

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Yea, like I said I pay for a DNS for use with the WWE Network ( only a couple of $s a month) so I don't mind having to pay a little extra for another. I know 'free' DNS services are out of the question for a number of reasons and I'm not totally sure how a proxy would work on a phone. So any suggestions would be graciously received.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans