How to view a contacts info WITHOUT calling them from phonebook?

MilkyTee

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
No, it's not an oversight. It's actually quite logical.

Phone App - Press the name, it calls. Press the icon it shows you the information. Most of the time when the user is viewing their call history, they're interesting in calling them back. So making the primary action to call them makes sense. The more information is a secondary action.

Logically speaking, if you are in the phone app you are interested in calling someone or viewing missed calls. So they made the contact icon link to just a phone list instead of the people hub.

It sounds like you guys were actually using it as your link to the People Hub rather than having the tile on your home screen. While I can understand that use case, I don't think its that big a deal to actually have the People Hub on your start screen and go directly to it. Rather than adding additional steps by going through the Phone App.

If you want to add a phone number that was called, or manage that phone numbers contact card (add email, etc) then just click the more info icon in the call history.
I think you missed my point.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Huh, I thought this was an improvement. The countless times I got frustrated during the 8.0 days when I just wanted to make a simple phone call but have to tap through so many steps and view their entire profile in the process was ridiculous. Now it's simple, phone app is for phone calls, people hub for details.

Agreed

swervinsuburban

May 9, 2014
Visit site
8.0 is nice in that it has a little phone icon in history you can tap to make the phone call, but also tap the persons name to see their info, dunno why they didn't keep that.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
8.0 is nice in that it has a little phone icon in history you can tap to make the phone call, but also tap the persons name to see their info, dunno why they didn't keep that.

Ya, I go back an forth on which is better. I definitely made a couple accidental calls with the change. At the same time, the phone icon was on the far left side of the screen which is the hardest to access one handed. And since calling is the primary function of that screen, it was a little counter intuitive.

Tracy Hector

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
Glad this question was posted as I just did the update today and was lost as my phone book is the phone but I call everyone from the house phone not mobile. Thanks for the answer guys:smile:

Conrad Shull

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Sadly, I don't think MS developers are old enough to know what a phonebook is. The most ill-designed core app for Windows 10 mobile is Phone/People. Almost no phone customizations are possible. Other than unintentionally firing up Cortana (NO, you cannot do anything for me now!), few things are easier than making an unintentional call by bumping/tapping something in the Phone/People app. The inability to simply open a dialer (with no extra info! No call history! Just a dialer!), dial and voila a phone call is made seems as incomprehensible to the designers as is the idea of the presence of H20 on Mars is to my dogs. Change the term from "Smart Phone" to "Confused Phone, Cool Handheld Computer".

laredo 1

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
I have a Nokia Lumia and I was going crazy with having to hang up quickly when I tapped a name to bring up contact info and it automatically satrted calling them. A very helpful woman at MSN patiently explained that I needed to swipe my menu page right to left and in the alphabetical AP columns find People and open that link and it will be an actual address book rather than a call page and I can access all the data and change or add whatever I want without any fear of it dialing. Hope that helps!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon