Im getting the error "there was a problem backing up your settings. try again later" when I try to backup the apps and settings. Anybody in the same boat?
    HeartRefine likes this.
    05-11-2014 09:46 PM
    You are connected to internet right? If yes and still get the error I have no idea why
    05-11-2014 09:51 PM
    Try search the forum. There are people with the same problems. Some successfully solved it but my still broke.
    Moses Das likes this.
    05-12-2014 12:55 AM
    I found a solution for my problem. I deleted the stored backup and now the backup is working.
    renster721 likes this.
    05-13-2014 05:41 PM
    Nokia Lumia 930 Windows Phone 8.1. Delete backup before new backup worked for me too. The "manage backups" is somewhat misleading, if you are used to Time Capsule backups on Mac OS X. There are no visible and manageable backup instances in this view.
    HeartRefine likes this.
    08-14-2014 02:05 AM
    Deleting the existing backup does nothing, it still fails at 98% every time. And now I don't have an older backup either :(
    02-12-2015 06:29 PM
    Currently I am using a Ahsay software for backup.Ahsay Backup software is a robust cross-platform backup solution which allows businesses and managed backup service provider to backup virtual machines, databases and servers to local/mapped network drive, locally hosted backup server, or online backup server hosted in datacentre. I would like to suggest you to try this software, because its freeThanks.
    02-12-2015 10:07 PM
    I had also the same problem.
    Removing the backup from the phone doesn't help. You need to open OneDrive webpage with your PC and remove the backup in the OneDrive settings.
    This will also not solve your problem. You have to remove some beta apps from the phone.

After all, you will still not able to make a backup, but after the first backup fails (with the same error you post here) you can make another one and it will work (maybe).

Edit: I also renamed the phone, after the backup was never made.
    02-21-2015 05:35 AM
    Best of luck mate, this 'bug' with 8.1 OS has been around for as long as 8.1 and still no fix from MSFT. Everyone will tell you to delete old backup, turn of text backup, change lock screen picture, remove apps (?) etc, etc,. Like many many others I have tried just about every combination of 'fixes' and never got this lame excuse for a backup to work. When my partner was recently prompted by her L620 to backup she duly tried - only to get the same "There was a problem... " error message. Anyway note that even if you do get some sort of backup to run it will not be a proper device backup, just 'links' to re-install apps etc. There is no Windows Phone device backup that I know of and MSFT seem disinterested in providing one that works.
    wpn00b likes this.
    02-21-2015 05:44 AM
    same problem help me..ple..
    05-29-2015 03:48 AM