Second hard reset

chuckd1991

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
A few days after installing 8.1 I did a hard reset to see if it would help out some of the problems, which included battery life, freezes and lag. During the setup I chose to restore from backup. The reset didn't seem to help. Yesterday I did another hard reset, but didn't do the backup restore, and reinstalled my apps manually. The battery drain is still there, but everything else is working smoothly. In fact, my 1520 seems to be running faster than before I installed 8.1. I've done everything I could to help out battery life, such as killing all the background tasks, syncing email manually, etc. I've read that some people had the battery life improve several days after a reset. Hopefully that happens.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
So you can't restore contacts either or can that be done manually without a full restore? Or will they restore once you sync email (if its setup to save contacts)?

Darren Walsh

May 9, 2013
Visit site
So you can't restore contacts either or can that be done manually without a full restore? Or will they restore once you sync email (if its setup to save contacts)?

Once you sign in with your MS account they will restore, no need to restore the back up, you can start afresh

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
A few days after installing 8.1 I did a hard reset to see if it would help out some of the problems, which included battery life, freezes and lag. During the setup I chose to restore from backup. The reset didn't seem to help. Yesterday I did another hard reset, but didn't do the backup restore, and reinstalled my apps manually. The battery drain is still there, but everything else is working smoothly. In fact, my 1520 seems to be running faster than before I installed 8.1. I've done everything I could to help out battery life, such as killing all the background tasks, syncing email manually, etc. I've read that some people had the battery life improve several days after a reset. Hopefully that happens.

This is what I have been telling people for ages. When you do a hard reset and use the restore from a backup you are restoring all or most of the old problems you had.

Your battery will take a few days to get back to where it was. All my phones have better battery life now after doing the fresh install.

chuckd1991

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
It's only been a day since I've done it, so hopefully the battery life will improve. At least the other glitches have disappeared.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
In regards to the battery life, I stumbled up on this on the 8X forum -

http://forums.windowscentral.com/htc-8x/282070-battery-life-8-1-a.html.

Apparently turning of battery saver had the opposite effect lol, I haven't tried it myself on the 920. I am about to - my 920 lasted a measly 4 hours from 100% T________T the hell. All I did was use the wpcentral app, play some wordament snap attack, talked on skype and chatted on whatsapp for abit, played subway surfers for about 14 minutes (give or take) then left it on the table and watched some news. Next thing I know, its dead as a dodo... had to charge it for 5 minutes before it auto rebooted T___T.

Location and Cortana are off too.. absolutely perplexed. The only thing Installed was analogue clock in the morning at 100% and I checked the battery 10 minutes later and it was 100%. The other app updates installed was Melodia, VoiceWake Lite, nokia camera, mytube and noka treasure tag all in the morning prior to the analogue clock install.

Well phone is now full charged, took 3 hrs and 10 minutes to charge up o.0 - going to try turning off battery saver and see how it goes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12