Facebook Birthday Calendar in 8.1

LP Slade

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure others have posted about this, but I could't find it. I have my Facebook Birthday Calendar turned off in the Calendar settings, but when I turn the Outlook Birthday Calendar on, all of the Facebook Birthdays come up. Why can't Microsoft understand that no one (or most people) don't want hundreds of "friends'" birthdays on their calendar?? The only birthdays I want are my Google, iCloud and Outlook contacts'. This, by the way, is done wonderfully in iOS. I no longer use my iPhone, but it would be wonderful if they could fix this (and the Music app) so that my calendar is actually usable with birthdays on.

By the way, I have disconnected my Facebook account from my Outlook account on outlook.com ... this will, of course, disconnect all of the info in the People hub on my Surface ... :unhappy sweat:

Is there a way to fix this yet? Or is this another "wait until the official release" things?

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
it has always been like this ever since 2012.
now in 8.1 it's even more annoying. your FB calendar is copied to your outlook bday calendar, which makes the same birthdays show up twice. I have to disable fb birthday calendar in settings for it to die.
you can disable birthday calendar in both FB and outlook and all birthdays should be gone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss