Tip: Adding swear words and custom words easily

gagmani

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
We all have read Daniel's fantastic article about adding swear words to Word Flow. No doubt,it works very well. If you use swear words heavily,use Daniel's Method, it works best. But once you add a word to dictionary, it is permanent and only way to remove it is to delete all custom words. Also this method adds suggestions to only the keyboard you are using. For some strange reasons Hinglish keyboard in 8.1 does not give me the option with a '+' sign even to add normal words. I can add words to English keyboard as before. So what do we do?

1) Add a new contact with a name filled with swear words or custom words.
2) Do not add any phone number, In People>Settings>Filter contacts list, Turn on "Hide contacts without phone numbers".( if you wish to hide them in your contacts list. You can also add 3-4 normal names at start of the name and then add swear words, to appear them as normal contacts),
3) Add words with first letter Capital. You can add words with small letters and BLOCK capital letters too. But words with first letter capital work best.
4) This trick works best with a Hinglish keyboard but also with an English keyboard with few limitations. The words sometimes show in suggestions sometimes not. This trick does not work with shape writing or swipe. But it will at least stop auto-correct from converting f**k to duck.
5) When you want to remove a word, just delete the contact or rename it.
wp_ss_20140513_0004.png

Last edited:

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
thanks for this tip , I do use hinglish keyboard (lol as my name says I am Indian ) , I tried what you said and it works , word flow keyboard predicts suggestions from contacts so if you want to add words in dictionary one can add them in people hub :wink:

gagmani

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Can you add custom words to Hinglish keyboard with + sign in front of them ? It used to work in WP8. Now it does not give me that option. I mean normal words like names, unknown words and not swear words.

Last edited:

shrinivasan p

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Adding new words is possible in SMS messaging.
Messaging> in the message you can type the word to be added, then tap, you would get the word with a plus sign and you can save it.
Regards

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Well what i did was first write it on WPCentral app, it gave me an option to add it to the dictionary, then all I'd to do was use the word flow keyboard to swipe and that's it

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Well what i did was first write it on WPCentral app, it gave me an option to add it to the dictionary, then all I'd to do was use the word flow keyboard to swipe and that's it

Which keyboard are you using. I am trying to do the same hinglish keyboard ?

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

gagmani

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
I can confirm this on Hindi Devanagari keyboard too. It used to work in WP8 keyboard. I had added my name in Hindi for use,but now that + sign does appear in Hindi keyboard too. Why did they remove this in Hinglish and Hindi keyboard? If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos