On a L920. During the first week or two of 8.1 I noticed only slight increase in battery drain (from 5%/hr to 6~7%/hr). But the problem now is a lot worse, my phone is constantly warm without any usage. I've turned off most of the background tasks (including bluetooth, nfc and location), but to no avail. It's been roughly 3 hours since I've unplugged the phone at 100%, and the battery level is now 47%. Battery saver shows WPcentral and Baconit as the top battery user but I really haven't been on them today, so it's probably a left over stats from yesterday.

The phone was fine a week ago, with 8.1. I didn't really change any setting or try any new app, but all of a sudden it seems to be using battery like crazy (1% every 3 minutes). Soft reset didn't seem to help the first time, so many a second time? Or do I have no choice but to do hard-reset?
    05-13-2014 10:54 AM
    Your Lumia 920 is acting weird because it does not have a firmware update made specially for windows phone 8.1 (cyan update from nokia )
    05-13-2014 11:01 AM
    Your Lumia 920 is acting weird because it does not have a firmware update made specially for windows phone 8.1 (cyan update from nokia )
    I do hope that is the case. However, this lack of firmware update didn't seem to affect the phone prior to last week? I mean if this happens right after I get 8.1, then it's easy to conclude firmware update is the issue, but that's not the case.
    05-13-2014 11:12 AM
    I do hope that is the case. However, this lack of firmware update didn't seem to affect the phone prior to last week? I mean if this happens right after I get 8.1, then it's easy to conclude firmware update is the issue, but that's not the case.
    05-13-2014 11:16 AM
    Remember this is still a windows phone 8.1 preview , there are bugs (mysterious battery drain is one of them ) so by the final build most of the issues will be fixed :)
    you may also want to revert back to windows phone 8 , if so you can use nokia recovery tool to downgrade to windows phone 8 . (backup all your data before doing this as this will erase all your phone data ).
    Xellsama likes this.
    05-13-2014 11:16 AM
    I had that on my 925 on WP 8. I have done a hard reset cleared from any apps and now the battery last me 2,5 days.Now I add one after the other the applications to find out witch one could be the problem.
    Xellsama likes this.
    05-13-2014 11:22 AM
    Look at your email accounts under settings and see if one is syncing in the background and not stopping. This happened to me over the weekend and couldn't figure it out for over 2 days. Noticed my exchange account just sat there syncing and never stopped. I couldn't delete the account till I turn it into airplane mode. I readded the account and it's fixed.
    Xellsama likes this.
    05-13-2014 12:13 PM
    Had the same problem with one of our 2 920's. When I went searching for the reason it ended up that one of the e-mail accounts was stuck in a constant syncing loop. Deleted the e-mail, then re-added it and everything is back to normal - day and a half of usage on a full charge.
    Xellsama likes this.
    05-13-2014 12:15 PM
    Look at your email accounts under settings and see if one is syncing in the background and not stopping. This happened to me over the weekend and couldn't figure it out for over 2 days. Noticed my exchange account just sat there syncing and never stopped. I couldn't delete the account till I turn it into airplane mode. I readded the account and it's fixed.
    Interesting. My gmail account did have problem when I checked just now, though I also lost signal for about an hour so I'm not sure which is the problem. Deleted and re-added that account, hopefully things work now.
    05-13-2014 12:42 PM
    I'd check Data Sense too, just in case.
    05-13-2014 12:57 PM
    Well after all that the battery is still going down quite fast. For now I'm going to stay optimistic and wait for the firmware update (while continue to tweak around with the phone).... =(
    05-13-2014 04:34 PM