Hi, I just got my Lumia 1320 and Im thinking if I should update to 8.1 now or just wait for the official release? Also, what are your experience after updating to 8.1? How about the battery life?
    05-13-2014 12:26 PM
    Hi, I just got my Lumia 1320 and Im thinking if I should update to 8.1 now or just wait for the official release? Also, what are your experience after updating to 8.1? How about the battery life?
    Just got the phone? Cool. I suggest enjoying Windows phone 8 for a couple of days before updating to a developer preview. There if no hurry. Also, there were some users reporting that the dp rollout has stopped now. But I don't have much info about that. But waiting for official cyan update would be better as there wont be any issues of the preview currently being experienced by some users. Thus, it wont spoil the hunky dory experience of yours.(if you are too impatient, it's up to you.) Enjoy your new Lumia. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜Š
    05-13-2014 12:38 PM
    It's my second Lumia after my 920, my 920 is already updated to 8.1. I've already installed the initial update.
    05-13-2014 12:45 PM
    In my experience WP 8.1 dev preview running more fast and smooth than before on Lumia 822,have issues with outlook account, can't send mms and SMS over 3g network,but the problem is solved with uninstall Skype,turn off SMS backup,re install access point and everything work great here.sorry for bad ๐Ÿ™… English.
    05-13-2014 12:46 PM
    It's fun, but alot of stuff is broken
    I suggest you to wait or you'll get frustrated just like i did, a month or so and official update will arrive
    05-13-2014 12:48 PM
    It's fun, but alot of stuff is broken
    I suggest you to wait or you'll get frustrated just like i did, a month or so and official update will arrive
    The vast majority of users have no issues, a vocal minority are having the odd problem but all in all updating is a pretty safe venture.

For certain, nothing is "broken".

My battery life is better than before; I ran a number of drain tests over the course of a week on 8.0 and another week with 8.1 so this is not a subjective "seems better". It is better.
    05-13-2014 12:57 PM
    Does WP 8.1 affect the battery ๐Ÿ”‹ life of Lumia 1320?
    05-13-2014 12:59 PM
    Does WP 8.1 affect the battery ๐Ÿ”‹ life of Lumia 1320?
    My Lumia 520s battery life is pretty much same as before. Not much difference. Although some users are reporting terrible battery life. Just check some of the threads. If you haven't noticed much difference in your 920s battery life, you're in the same boat as I. ๐Ÿ˜Š
    05-13-2014 01:20 PM
    When I tried my 1320 for testing etc I upgraded to 8.1 without issues. Unlike my 1520 I had to use the keyboard hack in 8.0 prior to upgrade to get tethering working in either OS environment, this is the only issues I had. The 1320 experience was buttery smooth and enjoyable. I've noticed battery drop more with my 1520 running 8.1, so I would expect the same with the 1320. Keep in mind the DP is not optimized for each device so when it's officially released with Cyan many of the little bugs and battery problems will probably have been fixed. I love the 8.1 experience so a drop in battery performance and the occasional soft reset I can live with.
    05-13-2014 08:56 PM
    Can somebody help me? I bought my 1320 a few weeks back and tried installing the 8.1 preview update on it. Every time, the pre-update would install successfully. But for the 2nd part, after downloading, 'preparing to install successfully' and showing cogwheels, it suddenly stops and says "Update was downloaded but could not be installed."
    I then tried to hard reset my phone and every time, my phone bricked badly. It shows the cogwheels which show no progress and after a few minutes, a sad smiley face shows up. This thing keeps going on in loops forever. It's happened thrice now.

Can anybody tell me whether this problem has been fixed or if there's a solution? I am kind off afraid to do it again tbh. Should I just wait for the official update?
    Thanks in advance. :(
    05-14-2014 10:07 PM
    just to be clear... am i officially eligible for the lumia cyan update after i install wp8.1 dev preview? i was of the impression that u could then only get updates from microsoft, not nokia.. please help.
    05-16-2014 07:36 AM