Updated FaceBook App breaks ActiveSync email!

AndrewMBaines

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
I've been using WP8.1 Preview since first available on my Nokia Lumia 520. No problems at all, email connecting to my Exchange Server. Enabled the updated Facebook app by adding my username and password. Then had odd problem that email would only work over WiFI, failing with error when using 3G (standard timeout/can't connect error number).

Uninstalled Facebook, all works fine now.

Only thing I can think of is that I have Facebook set to not run in the background to save battery.

I really don't understand what Facebook could be doing to break Activesync, but worried that they're looking through my email! Won't be reinstalling, they give me the creeps at the best of times.

Anyone else had similar problems?

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
No problem here. I also have an Exchange account on my phone, and not had any issues with syncing.

AndrewMBaines

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm, looks like it might not be facebook after all, same problem again yesterday. Looks like it may be a problem with poor signal, phone doesn't seem to recover until a soft reboot. Hopefully, today's update will fix this. No similar problem with a BlackBerry on the same network, so looks like either the phone or WP8.1.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven