SD Card photo albums not shown in photos app (Lumia 1520 wp8.1)

tzachalon

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I can't see the photos on my SD card.
in fact, it can show me the photos within a new folders inside the "photos" folder on my SD which created after wp8.1 update.

I tried to format the sd card and factory reset my phone.
I think it is something with a "flag" on those photos that tell wp8.1 not to scan them.... it is very weird and I would appreciate any help or suggestion.

I will post any info you need from me if needed.

Thanks in advance,
Tzach

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I just noticed the same thing yesterday. None of my albums that I created are showing. Only "Camera Roll", "Saved Pictures", and "Screenshots" are available, but nothing else.

I really want my "Family" album(folder) back.

Jonnie LasVegas

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Same thing here. I was able to create and view folders I made when plugged into my PC. But any folders I made through my file explorer apps wouldn't show.

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Re: SD Card photo albums not shown in photos app (Lumia 810 wp8.1)

(this is my third time typing this. Silly IE11 mobile doesn't give the option to disable "swipe navigation", so in trying to scroll I kept swiping back and losing my reply, since wpcentral's mobile site doesn't auto save replies)

I have this issue too. My Lumia 810 is ruining 8.1 and I no longer see any of my albums on the SD card except the default ones. Sadly, most my images are in those other albums, and my system memory can't contain them.

I think the issue, though, is the indexer and thumbnailer. On 8.0, the thumbnails were saved to the system. The issue arose that, if you moved an image from one album to another that was "non-default", or renamed an album, the image(s) would be treated as new files, and be added to the index with new thumbnails being created, rather than reindexing and rethumbnailing the image(s). This caused a duplicate index entry and thumbnail issue which added to the growing "other" issue for SD card compatible devices. This also caused "ghosting", where the images would "reappear" in their former location, in low-res form (due to only the thumbnail existing, with the file being moved, renamed, or nonexistent.)

On 8.1, however, at least the thumbnailer is changed, storing thumbnails on the SD card. However, it no longer looks in custom albums, as if it is programmed to look within the specific folders the system defines, rather than enumerating and indexing any folder and it's contents under the root photos folder.

Microsoft should honestly realize this is an issue and fix it, rather than "fix" it like they did the "other" storage.

They also should add the ability to add albums from the Photos app, and to arrange photos. Sure you can use Files, but that fragments the experience.

Har Yadi

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
i got same problem, but it's solved. :cool::cool::cool:
step:
1. connect WP to PC via USB
2. search Pictures & find the folder photo that cannot shown on Album
3. Rename it (see on ur WP, the Album is updating....)
4. sometimes ur WP was update (the folder photo ) at the time (when USB still connect to PC), but mine need disconnect from PC & after that was update

#sorry for my bad english :crying:
#L520

NANDA KISHOR U

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
Yes It worked for me also ...... :)
I tried without connecting it to PC via USB , I just directly Renamed the folder from files & after it starts reflecting in photos.

BINGO..

kiena alhana

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Easy Step.

1. Connect your phone with your pc/laptop using usb cable.
2. Go to Picture folder.
3. Rename each folder that you can not see from the Pictures App.
4. All set. Good Luck.

Horvath Gyorgy1

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
Very old thread, but anyways just in case someone encounters the same issue:
I had the same exact problem after I replaced my SD card from 32 G to 64 G.
Even though I copied everything from the old card to the new one, my phone showed no images in any of the system folders. I tried to take a photo and look at the Camera Roll folder but it only showed this test photo although in the file manager I could see hundreds of photos there.
What I did was I removed the card and plugged it in (with an adaptor) in my PC.
I renamed all the system photo folders (e.g. Camera Roll, Saved Pictures, Sample Pictures, Screenshots etc.)
I put the SD card back in the phone which creates these system folders anew. The final step is to move (using the phone's own file manager!) everything from the renamed folders to the newly created system the folders and then delete the renamed folders.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans