Cannot backup phone after 8.1 install

ThaKrazyOne

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I installed 8.1 preview about a week after it was released. Since then, my phone has not backed up before like it used to. It says it been 3 weeks since my last backup, which coincides with when I installed 8.1. Any ideas?

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
An update for 8.1 was released yesterday have you installed it yet? It's confirmed that it irons out a lot of the bugs we had previously. I suggest u install it first and see the outcome if you haven't. Also hard reset after an OS update is recommended if not just do a soft reset.

ThaKrazyOne

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I just pulled a soft reset and ran a backup. It gets stuck at 96% and then gives me this error:
There was a problem backing up your settings. Try again later.
I got that since a few days ago when I first posted this thread. I am wondering if anyone else had this issue. I don't mind doing a hard reset on my phone but it's a pain in the *** to restore it, especially if it will be an old backup.

Schikitar

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

Was there ever a resolution to this problem, I'm having the exact same issue on my 920 (wanting to flash to Cyan but can't until I have a working backup).

Cheers!

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't see the other thread, will keep an eye on that one instead...

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo