Living Images work now after PD 8.1 update today

jidhafs9

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Living Images works fine now after Windows Phone 8.1 the Preview for Developers update today in nokia camera beta

strange thing they saying that 930, 1520, and icon only will have these features in cyan update

Pawlee

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Possibly they've optimised it to take advantage of the 2 GB of RAM (as with the camera sensor). I thought it'd be disappointing for the 1020 not to have it, I was hoping it would be a case of taking a little longer to optimise (just like some of the higher end functions coming to 512 MB RAM devices).

Mathias Simon

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Are you sure? How do you got it to work? I Just took a picture and went to check it and nothing seems alive there...

I searched for something in settings and also didn?t find anything to enable it.

Thanks!

antodelg

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
you have to take pics with smartcam mode or cinemagraph,, going to the new camera roll from the nokia camera beta, then, you will see the living images

bemiquel

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Working on my 1020 too… but it's so annoying! I don't want it to force taking living images all the time. And then when you browse your gallery inside Nokia Camera Beta, the image will be moving… I don't like it. It's fine if you took the pics on purpose for this feature, but not when you just want something steady. Also I have the feeling that now taking a picture takes longer… when you do, it says "Saving living images…" so the whole experience now feels slower

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
let me clear some confusion here in this thread , Living images aren't captured in smart sequence mode , instead they are made to work in default camera mode. when you capture a living image (it saves a image with 2-3 sec video , and plays them continuously) where as in this case smart cam mode (sequence shots ) tends to play like live images but they aren't live images in anyway. It does not play continuously , just plays a quick group of shoots you just captured one time.

antodelg

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Working on my 1020 too… but it's so annoying! I don't want it to force taking living images all the time. And then when you browse your gallery inside Nokia Camera Beta, the image will be moving… I don't like it. It's fine if you took the pics on purpose for this feature, but not when you just want something steady. Also I have the feeling that now taking a picture takes longer… when you do, it says "Saving living images…" so the whole experience now feels slower

Mm it's not working on my lumia 1020. Do you mean take a normal pic and then the 1020 will save the "living image"?

chobits

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
i don't think this is the living images
the real living images works with normal camera and not just smart cam or cinemagraph
it will record short movies while you press to focus

Mathias Simon

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Mine works only with photos taken either on cinemagraph or refocus... and that?s not how they should. They should work in every auto photo when you check it in the Nokia Pro Cam gallery.... it?s not working like that so far. Also, there is no option to even desable it, and I guess that would be the case, if it was working already.

bemiquel

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
So here you have the proof on how it is working on my Lumia 1020 using the Nokia Camera Beta app. It's really annoying how you can't turn it off :/ also when taking the picture it feels like it takes more time because it is taking the living image too, so the whole experience is slower.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster