Wifi Connection problem in WP8.1

Shan Ali Khan

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi ,
Please note that this my university WIFI worked for about 8 months in windows phone 8. Its showing error only in 8.1
This wifi use proxy in order to connect to it.
When i click on wifi it takes time to connecting and after that it shows error message that no internet connection found. And when i tap on connect button it although connected but shows limited connection. When i goto change the proxy setting for WIFI it doesnt allow to change the proxy.
When i goto manage and see the list of known networks i dnt see this students listed in there so im unable to change the proxy of this wifi.

IS this the bug ?

wp_ss_20140515_0001.pngwp_ss_20140515_0002.pngwp_ss_20140515_0003.png

praveen9663

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Try to Delete the Existing NW & get it back with Fresh search.....May be Problem with Router side....Check with other secured NW....

Shan Ali Khan

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Try to Delete the Existing NW & get it back with Fresh search.....May be Problem with Router side....Check with other secured NW....
This wifi works on my friends that have Windows phone 8.
I have removed the network many times and searched , hard reset windows phone 8.1 after updating the new update that arrived yesterday.
Still having connecting issue.

soppis

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I had the same exact problem. Except with my home router. Had to remove the my phone from router device memory (deleted the NW from phone aswell)
Then just enabled wlan again. And it started working

Shan Ali Khan

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I had the same exact problem. Except with my home router. Had to remove the my phone from router device memory (deleted the NW from phone aswell)
Then just enabled wlan again. And it started working
The WIFI im talking about is of my University and the Windows 8 and Windows phone 8 students can use it.
But That WIFI doesn't work in Windows 8.1 and Windows phone 8.1.
For windows 8.1 students my friends installed their laptop drivers and it started working in windows 8.1 also
But in Windows phone 8.1 doesn't looks like any way.

I think I have to contact the administration now.

SwizzleSoftware

May 30, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone have a fix for this...even with the latest developer update released yesterday this is still happening to both mine and my wife's phones.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs