Wifi stops working on Lumia 920 with 8.1

StuBeck

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I have the latest update for Windows Phone 8.1, but have been having the following issue the last few weeks. Wifi simply stops working on the device, and when I go to turn it on (I never turned it off by the way) it says there is an issue and the phone must be rebooted. Once I reboot, wifi works immediately.

Are others having this problem? I'm hoping its not an issue with the phone, but who knows. Thanks!

ryansstuff

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I have noticed sometime after waking up that Wifi has just disconnected from everything and i have to re connect. my self.
Just turn wifi off and on again see if that solves it.

Never used to do this only just started when i updated it to 8.1

StuBeck

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
When I try to turn wifi on, it says it can't be completed at the moment and to try again later, or restart if it continues. I always restart and its usually okay for a bit.

Brutusbiker

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I have had absolutely the same problem since I intalled the update to WP 8.1. With WP 8.0, both in my former Lumia 920 and in my current Lumia 1020, I simple told the phone never to disconnect from the WiFi network, but now this setting is gone. I got an iPhone, because I cannot live with this very annoying malfunction. I have tried every solution I found in the fora, all to no avail. Horrible, horrible update!!!! I am planning to send my phone to the warranty service, but this is really idiotic.:angry:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss