Texts not restored after a hard reset on a dev preview!!

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I'd also like to know if you can actually see your SMS messages on outlook.com..

yes u can.
go to inbox page. on the right side, under the settings menu (a gear wheel icon), u will find option called "Manage Catagories"
in manage catagories, just check both tick boxes for contacts (show in folder pane & filter).
now, go back to inbox.
in left side menu, under categories, click contacts. "magic"
all sms displayed.

Wael Hasno

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
yes u can.
go to inbox page. on the right side, under the settings menu (a gear wheel icon), u will find option called "Manage Catagories"
in manage catagories, just check both tick boxes for contacts (show in folder pane & filter).
now, go back to inbox.
all sms displayed.
Oh duck. Thanks for that.
Did a hard reset on 8.1 too, the restoration process is amazing. It lasted longer for me because of the hundreds of the apps but still, all I had to do was just wait.

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Oh duck. Thanks for that.
Did a hard reset on 8.1 too, the restoration process is amazing. It lasted longer for me because of the hundreds of the apps but still, all I had to do was just wait.

yup. mine was also long. i listed out total apps (including the default ones like alarm and calculator), the figure was 113.
i re-checked the list, and i found only 7 apps, i have not used in long time, all apps are used at least once in a week, some of them daily, and some hourly.

EpicIncognitO

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I can see all my sms on outlook but why is it not getting restored on the phone? :(
yes u can.
now, go back to inbox.
all sms displayed.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
From experimenting, the backup of sms messages is synchronised with the email for your Microsoft Account. This is why I brought up the idea of forcing the sync from settings->email+accounts. You've not reported the result of that operation, so I suggest that you do that to see if it's reporting a synchronisation error.

Have you forced synchronisation using the method I described above?

jeets

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
This problem is solvable. Try this
1. Make sure you connected to a wifi internet connection. Phone is on charger.
2. Go to Settings, Microsoft Account.
3. Under "Download new content" select "as items arrive"
4. Click the tick

your microsoft account will now say "syncing"

Be patient, do not switch your phone to standby. You can also watch your sms restore.

you may have to repeat a few times.

I had the same problem, and solved it this way. I have to confess I read the solution somewhere else on the forum.

Soumya Patra

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
my backup and restore after hard reset was awesome. a complete restore of data (msgs and settings) and apps is done except a few apps such as: -
1. whatsapp : not currently published
2. nokia reading & Cortana : not available in my region. i downloaded with region change trick.

apart from this, all apps downloaded one by one, including the updates such as Display and Extras updates from Nokia.

Which handset are you using?

Gaurabh Sinha

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
After hard reset my Lumia 620 push notifications doesn't work for facebook messenger when battery saver is on...there is no option for work on background task when battery saver on why?

Soumya Patra

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
My Lumia 720 Getting hanged every alternate day(twice today). Soft resetting has become a regular habit. Only 6 month old handset. Once a proud owner every day cursing myself for buying this irritating handset. Please offer me a solution

Hafsa Ishaq

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I did as you guided to see my messages on outlook, but it says that i havent added any messages to my chat yet. What to do?

also, Since my Lumia 620 doesnt have any phone storage left, i need to do a hard reset. So i need to know How can messages and chat be restored after the hard reset.

Wael Hasno

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I did as you guided to see my messages on outlook, but it says that i havent added any messages to my chat yet. What to do?

also, Since my Lumia 620 doesnt have any phone storage left, i need to do a hard reset. So i need to know How can messages and chat be restored after the hard reset.

If your backup is enabled, your texts should be backed up automatically and restoration should begin the moment you sign in with your Microsoft account after hard reset.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium