Much Improved Battery life after the latest update...

Japser

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
The first couple days after the update, I didn't really notice any difference on my Lumia 925. But now all of a sudden, the battery life is excellent! I'm at 2 days and 3 hours, with 6 estimated hours left (17%) :)

Blade800

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Nope, still horrible. And I just mostly use Viber. Seems to be issue with that specific app, hope they will release update or something.

RoarinRow

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Mine seems to be better after the last update. Went to sleep with about 100% and woke up about 7 hours later and it was about 89%. Before the update it would be about 78% when I woke up. Even now at 3:19PM it's at 54% and it's been unplugged since about 11PM last night.

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
The first couple days after the update, I didn't really notice any difference on my Lumia 925. But now all of a sudden, the battery life is excellent! I'm at 2 days and 3 hours, with 6 estimated hours left (17%) :)

What phone are you using?

TaichiSurface

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
it is app depend...ironically...Skype is one of the worst culprit...it struggles with Skype chat...the phone heats up really quickly if it runs in the background.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm reconsidering my earlier post. My 920 still very bad. I barely get 12 hours. Kinda weird. I remember 8.0 gdr3 fixed everything.

eomes

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
it is app depend...ironically...Skype is one of the worst culprit...it struggles with Skype chat...the phone heats up really quickly if it runs in the background.

If you mean that it's 'app dependent' then I can say that it isn't necessarily. I did a hard reset, didn't restore my backup and with fresh Windows Phone 8.1 (Developer Preview) running, the battery life when phone is being used even for simple tasks, was still poor.

Actually, battery lasted the same amount of time without restoring my backup (no apps installed whatsoever) as it does now having restored it and with all of my apps running (Viber, WhatsApp, Messenger). I get 24hrs with moderate use both with and without background apps.

In idle it's not bad at all, the app 'Battery' shows that it drains 0-1%/hr which is really good. I get 0-2% drop over night with a couple of emails received. However, whenever I start using the phone (not even heavily; browse a few mobile versions of webpages, send a few emails, text, managing calendar) it starts draining at ~15-30%/hr.

Would seem that the screen itself being on is draining battery the most on my Lumia 925 because the use of calendar or SMS texting shouldn't have such a great impact.

agaskew

May 9, 2014
Visit site
What really helped for me only 925 was switching off Glance.

Whenever it is set to anything other than OFF, and the screen is locked, if you look hard in a dim environment you can see the proximity/light sensor (to the right of the front camera) is on and glowing faintly red. Set Glance to OFF and the sensor stays off. I already switched off auto screen brightness,

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
What really helped for me only 925 was switching off Glance.

Whenever it is set to anything other than OFF, and the screen is locked, if you look hard in a dim environment you can see the proximity/light sensor (to the right of the front camera) is on and glowing faintly red. Set Glance to OFF and the sensor stays off. I already switched off auto screen brightness,

That is normal, the light is supposed to be on when glance is on.

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
After installing the latest update yesterday on my lumia 925 ...battery life is more improved than the previous version..
Now my lumia 925 squeezes more juice from the battery like getting almost two days with wifi on , listening to music.. ....
Anyone experieced any changes in the battery life on your lumia phones whether it is improved or worsened..
Here is my battery saver screen shot
View attachment 66737
Latest photo of my lumia 925 battery saver after fullycharged.....even after 3 hours battery still remians at 100%..I cant believe before it is used to get too hot ..now there is no heat issue..
View attachment 66829
Iet me see if this continues and becomes stable even after a week...

Do u have Skype installed? that's the only thing I can think of that may be draining my battery I did a hard reset the other day and was getting estimates of a day and 15hrs now I'm only getting estimates of 13hrs and with light use and I haven't done anything different.

I notice once my estimates go below 1 day of use estimations they never go back above that no matter how I use the phone even if I don't touch it all the whole day.

ale2999

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I finally did this too. I use a 1020 and I would previously get 12 hours under the best scenario (aka minimal use). Since the reset it is telling me that I have 1 day and 20 hours when not using. huge difference...

Scratch that. I am back to 12 - 14 hrs.... SIGH

Conan143

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
My battery is back to before where it is started getting less than 48 hours...No i dont have skype installed before this update i think it is the reason that battery gets discharged a lot...I have now skype installed and battery is terrible...

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
The estimates are functionally useless, unless you use your phone with a consistent frequency. It uses algorithms that factor in your typical and current drainage against the amount of charge remaining in the battery.

Conan143

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
The estimates are functionally useless, unless you use your phone with a consistent frequency. It uses algorithms that factor in your typical and current drainage against the amount of charge remaining in the battery.

may be u r right but when i uninstalled skype and examined the battery it improved a lot... I think what deadwrong03 said is right ..skype is one that is draining battery a lot...Anyone tried uninstalling the skype could give u extra boost in battery life?..

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
may be u r right but when i uninstalled skype and examined the battery it improved a lot... I think what deadwrong03 said is right ..skype is one that is draining battery a lot...Anyone tried uninstalling the skype could give u extra boost in battery life?..

I'm not disputing that Skype is a battery hog LOL it is... Unfortunately not having Skype isn't an option for me. My father lives in the Philippines and Skype is my only way of staying in contact with him. Fortunately my battery life is still pretty great even with it installed.

shykhan16

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I have a L925 and when I got the update that was supposed to fix the battery life, IT MADE MY BATTERY AMAZING!! I was able to get a full 2 days of battery near heavy usage. But, a week later the back of the phone got hot and the battery started draining. Even after texting for 5 minutes, I lost 6%!! I can barely even use the phone now. About 3 months ago I hard resetted my L925 and battery was a little better. How do all you guys with a 925 have amazing battery? Is there anyone else having my problems?

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon