Any help on how to export contacts?!

PxuLL

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Hey there I am going to be leaving the Windows Phone community pretty soon and I want to export my contacts any one can give me a guide on how to that would be appreciated!

Thanks!

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
You can export a csv file to your PC of your contacts from your Microsoft email account.
Go to your account online, People, manage(at the top), export.

PxuLL

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
They've changed that setting now it looks like this: Untitled.png

And I do not want all my email contacts to be exported.

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
The title for the question is "How to Export Contacts".
This is how to do it.
There used to be one export format, now there are two. When you select either of the formats it is, exported, downloaded to your PC as a csv spreadsheet file. You can take the csv file and edit it as you wish to use however you wish.
This is just a copy of your existing contacts. It is not removing your contacts.

PxuLL

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
The title for the question is "How to Export Contacts".
This is how to do it.
There used to be one export format, now there are two. When you select either of the formats it is, exported, downloaded to your PC as a csv spreadsheet file. You can take the csv file and edit it as you wish to use however you wish.
This is just a copy of your existing contacts. It is not removing your contacts.

Cheers for that info and do you think I will be able to import it to a Android phone because the file is all encrypted etc..

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Cheers for that info and do you think I will be able to import it to a Android phone because the file is all encrypted etc..

There is nothing encrypted about the file. It is a comma separated value spreadsheet file. Opens with any spreadsheet program, like Excel.
Have no idea what you need to do to for the android phone.

PxuLL

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
There is nothing encrypted about the file. It is a comma separated value spreadsheet file. Opens with any spreadsheet program, like Excel.
Have no idea what you need to do to for the android phone.

Can I export it to a android phone? Also sorry it aint encrypted it was just a silly mistake :p

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Why do you need export it in the first place? If you are going to Android, just add your Microsoft account as Exchange Account to that phone and all your emails and contacts will show up on the new phone. Next time when you change mind and come back to WP, the contacts will be still there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion