Nokia Lumia 520 to 8.1?

TheMightyCraken

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Should I update my Nokia Lumia 520 to WP 8.1? I dont know if it will lag and dont want it to become slow(currently its the snappiest phone in the house). I also dont know if you can run wp 8.0 apps on 8.1 (sorry if some questions might seem stupid cuz im new to WP and im lovin it)

Ashish Saraf1

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Should I update my Nokia Lumia 520 to WP 8.1? I dont know if it will lag and dont want it to become slow(currently its the snappiest phone in the house). I also dont know if you can run wp 8.0 apps on 8.1 (sorry if some questions might seem stupid cuz im new to WP and im lovin it)

I would not suggest you to update because it's a bit leggy on 512 my devices... Tiles takes time to load although it's working flawlessly on my Lumia 820

My 520 used to reboot some times and had bad battery life..

thephiri2point1

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm on a L520. It's runs perfectly the only thing you might want to consider is the battery issue. After the latest update its been better but still not at the level it was on on WP8. That said the new additions that 8.1 are well worth any minor bugs that are around

omgitsnick

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I would not suggest you to update because it's a bit leggy on 512 my devices...

Yes, installing 8.1 will grow your phone some legs, sometimes too much legs and it becomes leggy,

But seriously though it runs just fine. Sure there's an occasional hiccups here and there but at least it's not as bad.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
The only bug I've seen on my 520 is when I wake up the phone or power it on, the number keypad that pops up for my password is sometimes jittery and maybe a bit leggy as well. ha ha ha :)

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
The only bug I've seen on my 520 is when I wake up the phone or power it on, the number keypad that pops up for my password is sometimes jittery and maybe a bit leggy as well. ha ha ha :)

Yeah, my 520 seems a little hungover immediately after booting, but once it gets going, it's fine. Still not as zippy as my 1020, but decent.

Manoj Daran

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
My L520 works fine with no lags. Sometimes, it freezes for a moment and some kinda slow down. It comes rarely!! Probably it will be fixed in the Off. Release. Otherwise, no problem at all

Rajat Malhotra

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
The tile loading issue has been reported by people using 920s 1020s also.....and its not so bad.....as far as lags go...yes the animations stutter sometime...it wont be as fluidic as 8.0 but its worth 8.1....as far as battery goes it was not so good with 8.0 also and hopefully when the final version releases with cyan...it would be better...

srikanth reddy4

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I would not suggest you to update because it's a bit leggy on 512 my devices... Tiles takes time to load although it's working flawlessly on my Lumia 820

My 520 used to reboot some times and had bad battery life..
its over a month and i hav never experienced a issue wit my 520......battery life is much better and after getting cortana im keeping my wifi on for a long time even then also my batter is much better than before

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss