I've noticed my battery life get progressively worse, and I've heard that a hard reset could help. I know that I first must back up my stuff (under settings) but I have some questions about a hard reset.
    1) how do I re download all my backed up stuff?
    2) will it uninstall and updates (8.1)
    3) any thing else I should be aware of before I hard reset it?
    05-18-2014 03:34 PM
    1) There's a software in Windows 8.1, 'Windows Phone' you can try backing it up on that. (I'll look for more options on that, so be right with you once I do).
    2) Whatever updates you installed, it will stay the same, so no, it won't uninstall and then reinstall.
    3) Just a pain in the **** process of setting up Windows Phone, even more pain in the **** if its not backed up.
    05-18-2014 03:43 PM
    Some people insist that you should not restore from backup if you are trying to correct problems with 8.1. However, I recommend trying to do so first as I had no issues with it. So if you want to backup, go into Settings/Backup and make sure backup is on for both apps+settings and text messages. Then go into email+accounts and force a sync of your Microsoft account. As far as pictures are concerned, I recommend connecting via USB and backing up to a computer. When you do a hard reset, log into your Microsoft account immediately afterwards and it will offer an opportunity to restore from backup. It will then reinstall your apps, recover your settings, and restore your contacts and text messages. Also it should not uninstall any updates; doing a hard reset should leave you with the same OS version and firmware version that you currently have. However, build in apps (including system apps) may need to be updated. You can let them do so on your own or force updates by going to the Store and checking for updates.
    05-18-2014 03:43 PM
    . When you do a hard reset, log into your Microsoft account immediately afterwards and it will offer an opportunity to restore from backup. It will then reinstall your apps, recover your settings, and restore your contacts and text messages. .
    Does it save my WiFi password?
    05-18-2014 03:55 PM
    Does it save my WiFi password?
    No
    05-18-2014 04:27 PM