Kind of a dumb question (Regarding the upcoming file manager).

Qaddafi

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
I have a few folders in my computer that I sync to my Nokia Lumia. With the upcoming File Manager, I'm probably going to sync a lot less by organizing my files through my phone. So let's say I move around the files such as "saved pictures" to other folders. When I plug in my Windows Phone, run "Windows Phone App for Desktop", will the new image files that I just moved to other folders (from Saved Pictures) appear anywhere in my computer OR will the sync completely ignore those files I just moved to existing folders that get synced? I know Windows Phones are pretty glitchy when it comes to that sort of stuff, so I don't want a future "cannot sync file... could not find file" later on by using a File Manager + Sync software.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Kinda hard to tell without having the app right now. My take on this would be that whatever you have moved to other folders won't get synchronized. WP and Windows act kinda similar imho, means they expect certain file types in their according folders (libraries). If you move pictures from "saved pictures" to another subfolder in "pictures", they should sync just fine. If the folder you move your files to is outside of "pictures", it will imho not belong to the pictures library and thus not sync automatically. Same applies for music, videos and so on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs