Double Tap to Wake in WP8.1

kishorekumar_a

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
After installing WP8.1 via Preview for Developers a long time ago on my Lumia 820, I today came to the decision to finally reset my phone and start anew (I have not done it before). So here I am with a fresh OS, one by one installing and updating apps. Imagine my surprise when I realized that there is no 'Glance' or 'Touch' settings in my phone, but I have been using Double tap to wake to unlock the phone.

So this got me wondering whether MS has implemented 'Double tap to wake' in the OS itself. I am searching for the settings for 'Double tap to wake' and I am not finding it. So anybody here has any knowledge on this? Have any HTC WP owners updated to 8.1 noticed this?

ejabrod

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I am a total newbie when it comes to WP.
Recently got a Nokia Lumia 820 and signed up for Developer etc.
Having had double tap to wake (touch) working I thought if I reset the phone it would work again but when I try to download it, the app appears not to be available for my device.
I know it can work because it was working before.
Do regional settings etc affect availibility of touch?
I have tried all I know to get it back but without any luck.
Can anyone direct me what to do please?
Thanks

f88

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Try looking for updates to your apps... Having just gone through three resets on three different Lumias, it'll take a few updates to things like glance and touch before they're back up to par from before the reset.

ejabrod

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply 88.

In the end I went to this thread on the phone and went to the link Anantha RamaKrishnan provided and there it was!

It's really weird as, when I searched for touch in the store it wasn't there and when I tried through Dev it said 'not available for your phone'.

I really like the speed of the OS but it is miles behind Android in most apsects

Thanks for the help :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99