Watch UFC 245 Exclusively on ESPN+

Catch Every Moment of UFC 245 Experience UFC PPV events like never before with ESPN+ and save over 25%!

Expand Minimize
    Got the new Coldplay album yesterday. I ripped it, connected my phone to my PC and dragged the new album to my sdcard (as where all my music is). I disconnected my phone sarted up Xbox music and for some reason it only saw 2 songs on the album. Reconnected my phone and verified all the songs are on the sdcard. I figured maybe there was something wrong with the tagging from Windows Media player and retagged the album through mp3tag. I deleted the old directory on the sdcard and then copied the new retagged album back to the sdcard. Started up the phone again and now Xbox music sees the album but it is grayed out (even though I tagged the album cover to all the songs) with no album cover and when you select any of the tracks you get an error saying the file can't be found. The old music app has no issues at all, just the new one. I then figured I would take the sdcard out and start up the phone without the sdcard hoping the phone would then reset the indexing. Well, that didn't work and the Xbox music app still had all my music listed even though no music was there- you can select a song and it just gives you a no file found error. I then looked through the hidden directories on the phone memory and found a music folder (even though I never had music on the actual phone only the sdcard) and what I found was all the music and album information is stored in the music folder on your phone- NOT your sdcard. The information is protected and read only so you cannot delete any of it. I can only assume if you delete it the phone could re-index and correct the problem. In other words it looks like all the music index info is stored on the phone, not on the sdcard, and if you ever have issues you are forced to hard reset the phone- great programming Microsoft. Am I missing something? Is there a way to delete files that are on the actual phone memory that come up protected without doing a hard reset?
    Last edited by dby2011; 05-20-2014 at 09:24 AM.
    05-20-2014 09:10 AM
    Try using Nokia music instead, the Xbox music player has all sorts of issues enough to ditch it for good till they fix it
    anon5997296 likes this.
    05-20-2014 09:27 AM
    Nokia music won't add all my music (12,000+ mp3s)- it always crashes on me.
    05-20-2014 09:40 AM