Hello,

after a hard reset of my L920, i copied all my backed up photos from camera roll (via file explorer on pc) to folder camera roll on my WP 8.1 phone, BUT.... i did it many times on when i had WP 8 intalled and everytime, all the photos were perfectly sorted by exif date, NOW ON WP 8.1, only last month is shown as May, and everything is shown as one big group "older photos".

Is this a bug or a ridiculous feature, can I solve it somehow, to have everything under the date (like november 2012, december 2012 and so on...)

NOTE: Every photo has Exif date and time, so there isnt a problem on my site, I think.

Thanks for every advice.
    05-20-2014 10:52 AM
    I had noticed that when I first transferred my photos back after a hard reset. A few days later, the photos were sorted by the actual dates in the albums. Maybe it takes time to reflect the actual dates?
    05-20-2014 11:02 AM
    That was my initial thought, but it is a day now and nothing really happend + it takes awefully long time to open the photo...
    05-20-2014 11:19 AM
    I had the exact same issue on my Lumia 920 when I recently moved all the Camera Roll contents to the PC and moved them back onto the phone (all via explorer). The transfers had not corrupted the EXIF data, I could verify that the metadata was intact using exiftool on the PC as well as the Picture Info app on the phone, however the Photos app simply refused to read it; everything was grouped as one big chunk of "older photos".

Another problem that surfaced was that two persistent "ghost/blank" photos appeared on my Camera Roll out of nowhere, like the ones in the screenshot in this thread: /nokia-lumia-1320/288846-restoring-photos-after-reset.html#post2584660

Anyway both problems disappeared after I upgraded to 8.1 Update 1, so maybe this was some sort of a bug in 8.1, or maybe the OS refresh inadvertently fixed the issue by 'resetting' certain components. Or, maybe it didn't have anything to do with the OS anyway and had I simply waited it out it'd eventually have gotten fixed anyway :) like shmsnh suggested
    08-07-2014 04:37 AM
    I am also having the same problem. I copied all my photos to my pc and I reset/reformat my phone. After that, I transferred back all my photos to my phone but "Photo" shows a lot of "older photos" It did not sort my old photos properly.
    08-08-2014 09:32 AM
    same problem I have after officila cyan update on my lumia 920 , also photo hub opens slow then before ... but in story teller app & in whatsapp if i go to send them they are sorted as per date& year ..
    08-23-2014 03:06 AM
    I got a worse problem. The thumb pic for the videos are not of the correct video...anyone know how to sought this?
    08-23-2014 03:40 AM
    I'd say give it a day or two. I reset my phone yesterday and my photos are not yet sorted, but I'm pretty sure by tomorrow they will be. Plus remember to tap 'find photos/videos shot with Nokia Camera' in Nokia Camera settings.

Update: My photos are sorted.
    Last edited by Myrkur; 08-23-2014 at 10:46 AM.
    switch side method likes this.
    08-23-2014 07:09 AM