Set custom ring tones

Ashish Saraf1

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I have tried copying files from music folder to RINGTONE present in phone memory but I am unable to get these tones displayed when I go to select a ringtone from settings menu !

I used AERIZE Explorer to copy 3 mp3 audio files which are around 30 sec long... How do I set custom ringtone on 8.1

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
You need to do it either from the Windows 8(.1) app, or from a file manager on a PC to the RINGTONE directory on the phone. Then you can just go into the alert settings and they will show up.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
I have tried copying files from music folder to RINGTONE present in phone memory but I am unable to get these tones displayed when I go to select a ringtone from settings menu !

I used AERIZE Explorer to copy 3 mp3 audio files which are around 30 sec long... How do I set custom ringtone on 8.1

Let me tell you an alternative way
[1] Download UC Browser to your phone.
[2] Download any song or ringtone of your choice from any website you know.
[3] You can set that song or ringtone as your ringtone by long pressing the song in Downloaded section.
Now, if you want to customize the length of the song downloaded for ringtone, you need a SD card to do so. Here are the steps:
[1] Long press the downloaded song/ringtone and "Export" it to the SD card.
[2] Download Ringtone Maker app from Nokia and select the song to adjust its length.
[3] Set it as ringtone.

Hope that helps!

Ashish Saraf1

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Recopying the file from my laptop to Ringtone folder fid the job.
Btw why wasn't it showing when I transfered the files using any file Explorer ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs